Nevermore @ Rottfest

TheDreamingMind

Too many mind
Feb 22, 2003
Belfast, UK
Visit site
I dont usually post threads here (due to lack of imagination) but this evening I feel the need to share :). Words fail to describe how awesome the experience of finally seeing Nevermore live in action was today, but 3 hours ago. The crowd where whipped up like a storm and decimated. One guitarist down and with a huge song fuck up, the whole show was still pulled off with the highest flare. I endured 6 hours of shitty bands, expensive food and drink, standing, losing a £20 note and getting sunburnt by satan, and I consider that all a fucking fair price to pay. Didnt even stay for Devil Driver, screw them lol. I had the time of my life and to anyone else who attended I hope you did too. Kudos to Nevermore for finally visiting this little shithole.
(PS I was the guy with the worst sunburn)

Happy 666 everybody

Yeah there was a guitar sound problem in I, Voyager, that became very aparrent about half way through, no guitar was heard at all. So the whole song had to be started over again, funnily just after Warrel had cunjoured up a frantic pit. The setlist (from my best memory, correct me on this if anyone knows better) was as follows:

Final Product
Engines Of Hate
I, Voyager (x 1.5)
The River Dragon Has Come
The Seven Tongues Of God
Inside Four Walls
Narcosynthesis
Enemies Of Reality
This Godless Endeavor
Born

Not all that could've been said by far, but at the time of writing I'd sapped most of my energy on Nevermore and was ready for a snooze haha.
Other highlights worth mentioning: Short but kickass Van Williams drum solo, Warrel smelt marijuana in the air, The pits were bloody sweet, the whole fucking vibe was powerful and profound and every song was a billion times more alive than on the albums or any bootlegs I've heard. Nevermore pretty much mopped the floor of every other band last night, without question. I didnt even see Devildriver but pretty sure they got mopped too, fuck it we all got mopped \m/.
Warrel said it was a special experience for the band, and I got the feeling it was a special experience for the crowd, so I hope they do come back to Belfast again, how about 07/07/07? is that wishful thinking? :p

derek said:
Metal, in Ireland? WTF?

:p

Haha... keep a lid on it 'jock' hehe :lol:

Video '04' shows the sound problem during I, Voyager... Jeff's sound dies. Must say, looks like it took a good few seconds for the tech to react!

Awesome video clips....

But i must admit, it feels so hollow.... with just one guitar.

awsome! Glad to hear you enjoyed the show so much. Nevermore is one of those bands that just blows you away live, they totally exceeded my expectations when I saw them too.

just watched those videos. man, that looked like an energetic show. one guitarist down but jeff's sound was HUGE. jesus christ. and it also looked like van only had one bass drum working huh? still, absolutely fucking awesome. i cant wait for these assholes to put out a dvd. i hope it captures this energy.

sammysatan said:
Haha... keep a lid on it 'jock' hehe :lol:

Video '04' shows the sound problem during I, Voyager... Jeff's sound dies. Must say, looks like it took a good few seconds for the tech to react!

Nah, my mothers Irish, so I've stayed in Belfast on many occasions, just never seen the metal scene in all it's glory! All I got was a fucking fine for yelling in the street at night. :p

Just checked all the videos, WD sounds ace.

Superb show. The only reason I went was to see them, to be honest. Most of the other bands weren't my cup of tea.

Derek, metal in Belfast is more alive than ever. Any time any band who is even remotely metal plays they either sell out or get an amazing reception. It's really improved lately.

Arcane117 said:
Ho-Lee-Fuck!
Is all that could of been said for their performance.
Deffinately the best band at Rottfest. Come back to Belfast!!
And dude, you didn't miss much with Devildriver, they were shite!
The local bands put on a good show as well... you have to admit but you're right in saying that Nevermore was the band of the day! They blew Devil Driver right off the stage...I mean the crowds reaction to Nevermore was spontanious but Devil Driver had to tell them to form a pit and get moshin' cause they didn't do it themselves...it really sucked that there was no Nevermore merchandise in the tent....when asked the girl told my son that they didn't think anyone would like Nevermore..can you believe that? I'd say that Nevermore gained quite a few new fans that day and impressed alot of us older ones. It is the first time I've seen them, although I have seen Sanctuary eons ago...and I will def go see them again!