Nevermore US Tour?

BABS said:
I saw them when they opened up for Opeth this fall. As I watched them play, I realized that Jeff Loomis and the drummer basically carry that whole band. If it weren't for them it would have been really tragic.
Really? It's possible you caught Warrell on an off night. To be fair, he has his fair share of those at this point. That said, I thought Smyth was pretty tight, and Jim is always solid.

Zod

MadeInNewJersey said:
That's the first pairing I thought of, but truth be told, it's not really Shaffer's M.O. to bring a support act that could outshine them every night. I'm not saying they WOULD, but they certainly could.
I'm fairly certain Nevermore opened for Iced Earth when Nevermore was supporting "Dreaming" and Iced Earth "Something Wicked".

Zod

How about this tour....

Nevermore, Evergrey, Biomechanical, and Mercenary

or

Nevermore, Symphony X, and Jag Panzer

that would be some pretty wicked shit

General Zod said:
Didn't do too well in what respect? Crowd reaction? The fact that CoB fans turned out in force, is hardly something Nevermore can control. All they can do is go out and deliver a quality set. Which they did.

Sorry, should have specified that it was crowd reaction. A lot of people left after CoB's set, went downstairs to "Purgatory" to drink, and then came back upstairs after Nevermore finished, to watch Dimmu Borgir. My roommate told me that the downstairs drinking crowd were sending the occasional spy up the stairs to scout the show. "Are they still on? "Yep." "Okay. Another Bud, barkeep!"

I was in the front for the entire show, and there was no question of a decrease in energy/crowd/etc. during Nevermore's set. During CoB's I was being squashed against the barricade, and also during Dimmu, but not during Nevermore (or Hypocrisy). It was worth it, though!

CoB's first tour drew a lot of, umm, devoted fans. The kids in front of me who had travelld over from Mississippi (aged 14-16 or so) were snapping pictures of the roadies and the gear (!) before the band came out. o_O

Not surprised. Jim is a real good guy. It's a shame the band has to struggle the way they do.
I don't think anyone knew that Opeth would be received as well as they were... including Opeth.

I had a feeling Opeth would draw well here, as they've gotten strong radio support from us for many years, and we world-premiered Blackwater Park. Also, Warrel's voice that night was atrocious, which added to the mass exodus. There were fans wearing Nevermore t-shirts leaving the venue during their set, shaking their heads sadly, almost in tears. Jim Raggi can attest to this, since he was outside with me at the time hawking copies of LotFP ("Wanna mag? It's got Opeth in it." "Sure!")

Honestly, in Philly, I didn't get the sense that there were more people for CoB than there were for Nevermore. My sense was that most people were there for Dimmu.

Most folks were at the Atlanta show for Dimmu Borgir as you'd expect, but while CoB's numbers were a bit smaller, their fans were at least as rabid as Dimmu's. And they easily outnumbered Nevermore's audience, which was a shame because that was a good show for NM and Warrel, sound-wise.

Pellaz said:
A lot of people left after CoB's set, went downstairs to "Purgatory" to drink, and then came back upstairs after Nevermore finished, to watch Dimmu Borgir.
LOL. Why am I not surprised that CoB fan(boys) wouldn't be into Nevermore? CoB is a very good live band, and they have a few cool songs here and there. But why they garner such rabid devotion is beyond my comprehension.

Zod

TheWhisper said:
What's that supposed to mean. Nevermore are great live...you obviously just don't get them. Best live band - ever! You've really stirred the poo now.
...j/k:loco: :D :Spin: :wave: :D :tickled: :headbang::Spin: :loco: :wave:

LOL, truly that was not my intent!!!!

I will stand by what I said earlier, I love the stuff I've heard from them on cd. I was impressed by the guitarist and drummer during the show, and felt they were what appeared to be the "gel" that was holding stuff together.

And Zod may have a point, maybe I just caught them on an off night?????

SO THERE (sticking my tongue out as I type this)

Dark One said:
Nevermore/Iced Earth would probably go over well.

MadeInNewJersey said:
That's the first pairing I thought of, but truth be told, it's not really Shaffer's M.O. to bring a support act that could outshine them every night. I'm not saying they WOULD, but they certainly could.

Actually, this already happened. Iced Earth was touring the Midwest in early 1999 and they had Nevermore for all the support. The show I saw was those two bands, plus locals Ion Vein. The ticket price was $5 and there was around 200 people there.

And as awesome as Nevermore were, I don't think IE were outshined by them. They had SW material to pull from, and I'd say overall it was one of my top 10 shows I'd ever seen.

i don't think this is going to happen or at least a friend of mine close to the band told me...he did not even know about the posting...i told him to go to bravewords and check it out.

I would love to see Nevermore headline or at least open for a good Thrash band and get 60 minutes. I skipped them opening for Opeth. I actually would love to see them at Progpower but I doubt that would ever happen.

i would like to see them headline too... i really miss the days when i saw them do some sanctuary and some of the older stuff too.... :)

Here is a bit of Nevermore tour news from BW&BK...

Britain’s Metal Hammer (www.metalhammer.co.uk) have exclusively revealed that NEVERMORE will support DISTURBED on their upcoming UK tour dates.

The dates for the trek include:

March
25 at Barrowlands - Glasgow, Scotland
27 at Newcastle Academy 1, 2 - Newcastle, England
28 at Birmingham Academy - Birmingham, England
30 at Manchester University - Manchester, England
31 at Carling Academy 1, 2 - Liverpool, England

April
2 at Rock City – Nottingham, England
3 at Astoria – London, England

I have to wonder what tour you saw them on....

BABS said:
LOL, truly that was not my intent!!!!

I will stand by what I said earlier, I love the stuff I've heard from them on cd. I was impressed by the guitarist and drummer during the show, and felt they were what appeared to be the "gel" that was holding stuff together.

And Zod may have a point, maybe I just caught them on an off night?????

SO THERE (sticking my tongue out as I type this)