Nevermore US Tour?

TheWhisper

Cobra Kai Never Dies
Apr 12, 2004
Brandon, FL USA
This from BW&BK:
BW&BK has received the following press release:

NEVERMORE To Replace HIMSA On Metal's Darkside

Due to the success of Nevermore's latest album, This Godless Endeavor, and their longstanding credibility in the metal community, Metal's Darkside will be featuring a Nevermore interview and music video in Volume 1.

"We thought that it would be in everyone's best interest to get the interview out in a timely fashion, especially now that Nevermore will be doing a US tour soon," says host Jasmin St. Claire. "We will use Himsa at a later time."

As previously reported, Metal's Darkside is a DVD-zine due for release on February 21st. In addition to Nevermore, Volume 1 will feature a tribute to "Dimebag" Darrell(DAMAGEPLAN, PANTERA), CANNIBAL CORPSE, DEATH ANGEL and SATYRICON.
Gigantour, Opeth support - this one has to be a headline tour.:headbang:

General Zod said:
I'm a huge Nevermore fanboy, but I'm not sure they can draw a big enough crowd to headline sucessfully.

Zod
You don't think they could pull off a headline club tour? Places with maybe 500 capacity and the like.

TheWhisper said:
You don't think they could pull off a headline club tour? Places with maybe 500 capacity and the like.
500 is a rather small club.

By and large, it will depend on the night of the week and the city they play. Do I think they could draw 500 in NYC on a Saturday night? Probably. But when they play Bum-Fuck-Egypt on a Tuesday, I wouldn't be shocked if they drew under 100. The sad fact of the matter is, Nevermore doesn't have a very wide appeal. They're very aggressive, very technical, but not Death Metal. And while they have an exceptionally dedicated, almost rabid, core following, that following is quite small.

Zod

I am looking foward to a headlining tour and I hope they come through BB Kings or even the larger capacity Starland Ballroom in Sayreville which they may be able to pull off with the right support bands. I caught their last song when I showed up for Gigantour and I sadly missed the tour with Opeth because work had me doing overnights that week. Aside from the one song on Gigantour I have not seen them since the NJ Metal and Hardcore Festival in 2003 (w/ Children of Bodom and Dimmu Borgir) in which they had a very off night sound wise. I am long overdue to see an amazing Nevermore set.

General Zod said:
I'm a huge Nevermore fanboy, but I'm not sure they can draw a big enough crowd to headline sucessfully.

Zod

Zod what are you talking about, they did a headlining tour in support of "Enemies.." with Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, and COB. They played at like 400 person club and it was at least half full. Also I live in the Conservative Republican captial of the world, Kansas.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Zod what are you talking about
You lost me. I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
...they did a headlining tour in support of "Enemies.." with Dimmu Borgir, Hypocrisy, and COB.
Dimmu was the headliner on that tour. Nevermore went on 3rd, after Hypocrisy and COB.

The last time Nevermore headlined, it was in support of "Dead Heart". Opeth, Angel Dust and God Forbid opened for them. I saw them twice on that tour (NJ and NY). Both nights, half the crowd split after Opeth did their set. At the NJ show (Club Chrome), Nevermore didn't go on till 1:00AM. There were 50 people still there.

Zod

TheGraveDigger said:
I am looking foward to a headlining tour and I hope they come through BB Kings or even the larger capacity Starland Ballroom in Sayreville which they may be able to pull off with the right support bands.
Although Starland is closer, I'm much prefer to see that show at BB Kings. Much better sound.

Zod

There is a metal weekend coming up at Starland the first week of March. Friday March 3 is Seven Witches and W.A.S.P. Saturday March 4 is Magus Beast and Overkill.

Petethedrummer said:
I still remember liking the starland ballroom better, maybe it was just the layout of the place, i've only been there once
Part of the problem with Starland, is that the shows are almost always all-ages. Which means if you want to drink, you're not allowed anywhere near the stage or the floor.

Zod

General Zod said:
Part of the problem with Starland, is that the shows are almost always all-ages. Which means if you want to drink, you're not allowed anywhere near the stage or the floor.

Zod
Why are you not allowed near the stage, or on the floor, at an all ages show? Not being a dick, just not sure what you mean by this.

TheWhisper said:
Why are you not allowed near the stage, or on the floor, at an all ages show? Not being a dick, just not sure what you mean by this.
If you want to drink, you are not allowed to take your drink on to the floor. You need to stay in the bar area.

Zod

General Zod said:
If you want to drink, you are not allowed to take your drink on to the floor. You need to stay in the bar area.

Zod
OK, it is completely different here. Is this only at this one place or does it apply every all ages show?

I was being sarcastic Zod, sorry if I confused you. I guess it was a couple of years ago since that concert, though I could have sworn that Nevermore was headlining, but I will take your word for it.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I was being sarcastic Zod, sorry if I confused you. I guess it was a couple of years ago since that concert, though I could have sworn that Nevermore was headlining, but I will take your word for it.
That's cool. I sort of assumed that. Sometimes such things are lost in translation.

Zod

TheWhisper said:
OK, it is completely different here. Is this only at this one place or does it apply every all ages show?
In most clubs, that allow people who are under 18 in, they make it a point to sperate those over and those under 21. The fear is, that I could go and get a drink, and then give it to someone who is under 21.

Zod