Nevermore

Oh er...General Zod and I were both lined up to go see Enslaved. And when we found out they were set to take the stage at 3am, we bailed.

I just aint 18 anymore. :(

I of course didnt find out that Enslaved were playing in D.C untill the night of the fucking concert. And there was much anger henceforth.

I have the new Nevermore cd. The productionis very muddy but I enjoy the album. It would sound alot better with better production but I enjoy the songs and the heaviness. It doesn't touch Dead Heart In A Dead World and it probably won't make my top 10 of 2003 but I do like it.

OK. You people are messed up. The new Nevermore sounds just like it should. It is a thrash album, not a power metal album; therefore, the production is perfect and quite fitting. I just bought it today, and I must say it blows 'Dead Heart' away. The nasty production is way overhyped. It is simply a rougher sound they were going for. I like it.

npearce said:
OK. You people are messed up. The new Nevermore sounds just like it should. It is a thrash album, not a power metal album; therefore, the production is perfect and quite fitting. I just bought it today, and I must say it blows 'Dead Heart' away. The nasty production is way overhyped. It is simply a rougher sound they were going for. I like it.

I gotta admit, the record is growing on me. It's not as strong as the last few, but I like it more everyday.

I still don't like the production though. Besides, that's not the sound they were going for, that's just the budget that they had. They've been very public about how they would've preferred to use Village Recorders, down here in Texas. Not enough $$$. They've voiced how they wanted to use Andy Sneap, but who had him? Century Media Flavor of the Month ARCH ENEMY.

What a crock..

I've listened to it on several different stereos, and the production is just fine on them all. The music is way more aggressive, and I think this album is actually better than 'Dead Heart'. We'll see what it's like in a few months, though.

npearce said:
I just bought it today, and I must say it blows 'Dead Heart' away. The nasty production is way overhyped. It is simply a rougher sound they were going for. I like it.
I gotta agree with npearce on this one. I am loving the new Nevermore album, and I've always found them incredibly boring in the past. Go figure.

I'm only on the first spin, and I have not yet even considered turning it off like I would do normally on something like Dead Heart.

Also, do I hear proggy elements of Queensryche here or there: "Tomorrow turned into Yesterday", and especially "Who Decides"? Especially on Dane's vocals delivered with a slight Tate influence....am I nuts?

"Noumenon" just started...love that sweet guitar on the intro. I'm nicely surprised with this album to be honest.