Nevermore

stefan86 said:
Same here

Hmm its a bit different.
Whether you like it or not is a question of taste.
Its a lot less accessible and produced but its definitely thrashier.
At least I like it.
You should get it, and Politics of Ecstacy and Dreaming Neon Black too :p
I actually bought it on my way home from work. It's pretty good, but I definitely like Dead Heart In A Dead World better so far. Enemies Of Reality is heavier, but Dead Heart In A Dead World is more melodic and catchier.

I am a big fan of Nevermore. Nevermore, to me, is the most mature thrash band. I say thrash, as their music is based upon say old Forbidden, more than it is any power metal. I usually dont care fo power metal vocals, but Warrel has conveys such emotion within his voice. His anti-establishment lyrics are also truly ome of the very few i actually take time to listen to.

However, the last album, was not very good. THe drum/bass guitar section htat has been so strong and effective on previous albums, was undercut on this last album by poor production, and an overemphasis on lead guitar.

Reactions: NapalmForLunch
How can people not like Warrel Dane's voice? I think it's awesome.

To be truly blown away, listen to the band Sanctuary.

eh I still love metallica, but with my recent epiphany with opeth back in august and nevermores greatness, there is currently a 3 way tie for the throne when it comes to music for my ears. And another couple metallic esque disappointments in recents months also contributed to that. but the moral of the subject is. Nevermore slays

anonymousnick2001 said:
How can people not like Warrel Dane's voice? I think it's awesome.

To be truly blown away, listen to the band Sanctuary.
Yes, I like Warrel's voice, and I am generally not too big on clean vocals. The vocals fit the lyrics; they convey pain, anger, depression, and despair. But I uderstand how they might come across as "whining" to some people.

When I saw them live on the recent COB/Hypocrisy tour, I wanted to shoot myself. I left after putting my ears through 4 of their torturous songs. Their Simon and Garfunkel cover was the worst piece of shit I have ever heard in my life. How could someone sleep at night after doing that butchery?

cant spell you fucking faggot! i'll fucking hurt your bitch ass! your just another skinny teenager with a pimply opinion! Nevermore owns. Go listen to dying fecal you fucking cancor sore on life. I remember you. Your the guy who looked like clay aiken with a pony tail? Or were you the cumtart sporting the corpse paint and the anal cunt shirt? Either way your a fag!

Reverand Joint Smoker said:
^whatever, this thread is lame like a three legged donkey. Talk about some close minded mofo's..

Yeah man, heaven forbid some people give a few reasons as to why they don't like a band....slap me silly for not following the trend in these parts of town.

Yeah, actually it generally does. Either that or a prog-metal voice, but Nevermore are more thrashy than any prog band I've heard.

I really like Nevermore and think they are great. Dead Heart In A Dead World is my favorite album. I did enjoy Enemies but thought it could have been better. I recently saw them at the Jersey Metalfest along with Children Of Bodom and Dimmu Borgir. Nevermore was ok at best. They had alot of sound problems but my friend Rich who was with me said they were just having a bad night because hes seen them several times before and they were perfect. Jeff Loomis however still did shine on guitar. He plays like he is possessed or something. It was quite amazing. BTW: Bodom and Dimmu owned.