Nevermore

Universalflood

New Metal Member
Jul 9, 2003
USA
submit.proboards20.com
before nevermore re-signed to century media there was much controversey over this.and from reading interviews and such I kinda got the impression that Century Media wanted them to GO MORE COMMERICAL and thus shed all there tech thrash elements in favor of radio friendly tunes for example(believe in nothing and tomorrow turned into yesterday).at least thats what a gather.if this is ture are we the old nevermore fans gonna get some commerical sellout tunes on there next release ???? if this happens I'll be fully convenced that Nuclear Blast and Century Media are doing this on purpose telling these bands what to do with there music.I hate to say it but it almost seems ture considering various acts on those labels have recently turn into more accessablie vessils.In closing I sure hope Nevermore doesn't fall into the trap and continue to not only be more modern but incorperate more aggression with there already exceptional formula

Universalflood said:
before nevermore re-signed to century media there was much controversey over this.and from reading interviews and such I kinda got the impression that Century Media wanted them to GO MORE COMMERICAL and thus shed all there tech thrash elements in favor of radio friendly tunes for example(believe in nothing and tomorrow turned into yesterday).at least thats what a gather.if this is ture are we the old nevermore fans gonna get some commerical sellout tunes on there next release ???? if this happens I'll be fully convenced that Nuclear Blast and Century Media are doing this on purpose telling these bands what to do with there music.I hate to say it but it almost seems ture considering various acts on those labels have recently turn into more accessablie vessils.In closing I sure hope Nevermore doesn't fall into the trap and continue to not only be more modern but incorperate more aggression with there already exceptional formula

Don't you think you're overreacting a bit? I didn't see Exodus writing a ballad even after releasing their Tempo Of The Damned album on Nuclear Blast... I think every elements of commercial music you hear in nevermore comes from THEM and THEM only... They are geniuses at writing catchy stuff so why not? Believe in Nothing has got to be one of the best power-ballads out there! Since their debut album, every single nevermore album has leaned a bit more towards commercial music but that doesn't make nevermore sell-outs and it sure as hell doesn't make their music suckier...

These guys are fuckin' geniuses and they write a brand of music that combines every aspects of the metal scene and every aspects is used to perfection! Ambivalent has a very early Dissection type riff and that doesn't make nevermore's music black metal... Narcosynthesis has a very hammering groove and a very "new-metal" type rhythm support... yet that doesn't make nevermore a fitting containder to limb bizkit's throne...

Nevermore combines elements of brutal death metal, sometimes power metal, LOTS OF THRASH :kickass: and, deny it as much as you want, new metal ... that makes them one of the most refreshingly original acts of the 90s...

..That's all...

Though I doubt Nevermore will be a " commercial " band, anything can happen. Given the fact that the Neverdudes are getting on in their careers and a " hit single " would make them some cash I just don't think it would ever happen.
If anything, one day popular music may catch up to Nevermore, rather than Nevermore jumping on a particular trend to " make it "
but as I said, anything can happen.

Larf03 said:
Don't you think you're overreacting a bit? I didn't see Exodus writing a ballad even after releasing their Tempo Of The Damned album on Nuclear Blast... I think every elements of commercial music you hear in nevermore comes from THEM and THEM only... They are geniuses at writing catchy stuff so why not? Believe in Nothing has got to be one of the best power-ballads out there! Since their debut album, every single nevermore album has leaned a bit more towards commercial music but that doesn't make nevermore sell-outs and it sure as hell doesn't make their music suckier...

These guys are fuckin' geniuses and they write a brand of music that combines every aspects of the metal scene and every aspects is used to perfection! Ambivalent has a very early Dissection type riff and that doesn't make nevermore's music black metal... Narcosynthesis has a very hammering groove and a very "new-metal" type rhythm support... yet that doesn't make nevermore a fitting containder to limb bizkit's throne...

Nevermore combines elements of brutal death metal, sometimes power metal, LOTS OF THRASH :kickass: and, deny it as much as you want, new metal ... that makes them one of the most refreshingly original acts of the 90s...

..That's all...
I agree! :headbang: