Nevermore

bobo'c said:
Honestly I don't know anything about the band. I'm just being a cock. I'm just having fun. I wanted to see how obsessed these Nevermore fans are. I even went on their board to talk shite. Whatever. :tickled:

Yeah...it's been funny because they all seem to take it so seriously.

I saw Manowar back in the early 80's. Gotta love those fur loincloths! Yikes!

schenkadere said:
Yeah...it's been funny because they all seem to take it so seriously.

I saw Manowar back in the early 80's. Gotta love those fur loincloths! Yikes!

fur loinclothes should be a requirement for proof of true manhood. :Spin:

schenkadere said:
You're the only one that actually is convincing me to possibly try that Dead World album...or something like that. The rest of the fans posting seem like buffoons!...except Tempest of course...he's super cool!!!

Hey man, being honest, if you don't like the new album then it's 90% definite you won't like Deard Heart in a Dead World. So I wouldn't waste your time.

Devy_Metal said:
Hey man, being honest, if you don't like the new album then it's 90% definite you won't like Deard Heart in a Dead World. So I wouldn't waste your time.

Thanks...I almost downloaded it last night...it sounds a little better from the samples, but it's hard to really tell.

I there another selection you would recommend?

Dreaming Neon Black and Politics of Ecstacy for certain. The lyrics, like someone else said, are not remotely power metallish (as isn't the music...Nevermore is not power metal). If you try reading along with the lyrics, you will find beautiful things.

I thoguht you guys were saying all that wizards and dragons shit because of the song "the river dragon" i cant think of anythign else thats "fantasy world" or whatever you guys were calling it.

If you didnt like This Godless Endeavor, then try something older. Personally, I dont think Dead Heart or Enemies are that great, so take everyone else's advice and give a listen to Dreaming Neon Black and Politics of Ecstasy. If you want to download individual songs, try:

From Dreaming: Beyond Within, No More Will, I am the Dog
From Politics: Politics of Ecstasy, This Sacrament, 42147, The Learning

Also, the song In Memory is a really good one.

id download a few songs, 1 or 2 from a couple albums to see if you like it before getting a whole album.

dead heart - we disintegrate, river dragon, engines of hate, narco, believe in nothing

politics - 7 tongues of god, the learning, next in line

dreaming neon black - deconstruction, poison god machine, dreaming neon black, beyond within

enemies of reality (make sure you get the remixed version) - i, voyager, who decides, ambivalent, never purify

Devy_Metal said:
id download a few songs, 1 or 2 from a couple albums to see if you like it before getting a whole album.

dead heart - we disintegrate, river dragon, engines of hate, narco, believe in nothing

politics - 7 tongues of god, the learning, next in line

dreaming neon black - deconstruction, poison god machine, dreaming neon black, beyond within

enemies of reality (make sure you get the remixed version) - i, voyager, who decides, ambivalent, never purify

river dragon, poison god machine, i, voyager...got those free from their website...I liked them, I read the new album reviews, got the album...and well, you know the rest. I'll definitely consider your recommendations...Thanks.

Shenk, all kidding asside, i totally see where your coming from, the "best album of the year" that you see everywhere. TGE has alot of hype, and hell, I love it, but check out some of the older stuff.

Devy... where did you get those list of songs? lol. Dead Heart should be The River Dragon, Engines, and if anything else, Dead Heart or Insignificant. I also dont agree with your Dreaming Neon Black Choices, but shit... all of Politics kicks ass :kickass:

we disintegrate is one of the most under rated NM songs. the chorus is awesome because of the way dane and loomis play off each other with the vocal lines and riffs. and the subtle tapping effect by loomis makes it even better.

and whats wrong with my DNB recommendations?

Devy_Metal said:
so I know who your favorite guitarists are, but what are some of your favorite bands?

UFO with Schenker(ex. Force It, Lights Out), old Scorpions with Uli Roth(ex. In Trance, Virgin Killer), old Judas Priest(ex. Sad Wings of Destiny, Sin After Sin), Rainbow w/ Dio, early Dio(Holy Diver, The Last In Line), Black Sabbath, especially with Dio, Iron Maiden (Killers & Powerslave are favorites), early Slayer, early Megadeth (Peace Sells, Rust In Peace), Gary Moore. Those are my all time favorites. I love any great guitar oriented music of any genre. Some other favorite guitarists Steve Morse, Larry Carlton, Eric Johnson and Steve Vai.

I try to find new music all the time, but I don't go nuts over anything. I have a 15 year old son and even he tends to go more for vintage stuff...except Shadows Fall...I took him to see them with Lamb of God...both were awesome live.

Especially Lamb of God:headbang: My buddy and I got to chill backstage and drink a few Brown Eyes(vodka and coke) with Rob Flynn(MH) and Randy before they went on...It was such a badass show. Probably one of my favorite shows last year:headbang: