Nevermore

Talk about over-rated how about Opeth? They sound just like Tool but with occational growling vocals. Big deal, People on their forum are talking like Opeth invented someting. I do however like Bloodbath. The singers old side project band.

Salvatore said:
Talk about over-rated how about Opeth? They sound just like Tool but with occational growling vocals. Big deal, People on their forum are talking like Opeth invented someting. I do however like Bloodbath. The singers old side project band.

Thanks for the warning!

Jenna_Bush said:

It's just another ridiculous classification. I mean, really, what is power metal? I just mean melodic metal rather than blast beat and growling which is cool as well. The whole catagorizing thing pisses me off...either it's metal, or it's hardcore, or it's pop/rock...that's all it comes down to. All this silly genre creation just to make a band seem unique...just add "core" to any word and you've created a new musical genre. Metal seems to be the only genre that has so many delineations, when in reality most of them all sound the same...like shit!!!

schenkadere said:
Putting all things with Billy out of the picture...what is the general opinion of Nevermore?

I love power metal. I recently downloaded their latest album,This Godless Endeavor, after hearing such rave reviews. What a disappointment. This is crap of epic proportions. Jeff Loomis is nothing to speak of...wow, another guy who can sweep pick...snore!

Anyway...I was so pissed off at this purchase that I wrote this review on RateYourMusic if anyone is interested:

"Godless indeed! If there is a god, he would not have allowed this album to be recorded...or at least he would have mercy on us and destroy every copy. This is an incredibly overrated album from an equally overrated band. This sounds like a cross between a heavy Queensryche and Mr. Roboto...Kilroy was here...and left holding his ears! From beginning to end, this sounds like one continuous track broken up by an occassional acoustic interlude. I'm glad I only spent 10 bucks to download this crap from iTunes, but I'm angry I spent even that much!

Jeff Loomis is an overrated guitarist. He possesses technical prowess, but lacks the emotion and sense of melody of a true guitar hero. I've heard him compared to Yngwie, which is ludicrous. As for the singer, Rob Halford didn't sound this queer on his gayest day. Sure these guys can play, but there is a serious lack of melody, hooks, and excitement that are the integral ingredients of power metal.

Don't waste your time or money...for this album is truly a godless endeavor."

Just curious if anyone else here has an opinion.

Funny because

a: nevermore arent a powermetal band
b: Jeff Loomis plays the most emotional solos in metal (ie heart collector, engines of hate, tge, etc etc) and his note selection is of a rare breed (again, engines of hate, believe in nothing, narcosynthesis).

I find if funny how a fan who knows nothing about music or guitar playing can claim Loomis doesnt have 'emotion and a sense of melody' when other prominant guitar players and musicians sing his praise on a daily basis (akerfeldt, sanders, petrucci, mustaine, the list goes on).

So, not that Nevermore is the most complex band in the world, but it's obvious you just dont have the mental capacity to actually listen to what you are hearing.

Nevermore and power metal don't belong in the same sentence...unless it's this sentence, stating that the two concepts don't belong together.

gaschamber said:
i dont give a fuck if jimi hendrix and john belushi came back from the dead to praise jeff loomis' guitar work....his music is ass.

hey thanks for the reply, 'gaschamber.' what is the deal with your 'little sister's tits' anyway? that's pretty fucking retarded.

ps-loomis owns your ass.

nevermore are probably one of the 5 greatest metal bands around right now, loomis can fuckng shred, with emotion, that takes talent, tell me he cant, i kno better, not until i saw them live and saw him onstage right in front of me did i know, but nevermore owns, whether you can admit it or not. i mean how can someone who claims to be a music fan or a musician say jeff loomis's music is shit, it may not be of your taste but it isnt shit

Devy_Metal said:
Funny because

a: nevermore arent a powermetal band
b: Jeff Loomis plays the most emotional solos in metal (ie heart collector, engines of hate, tge, etc etc) and his note selection is of a rare breed (again, engines of hate, believe in nothing, narcosynthesis).

I find if funny how a fan who knows nothing about music or guitar playing can claim Loomis doesnt have 'emotion and a sense of melody' when other prominant guitar players and musicians sing his praise on a daily basis (akerfeldt, sanders, petrucci, mustaine, the list goes on).

So, not that Nevermore is the most complex band in the world, but it's obvious you just dont have the mental capacity to actually listen to what you are hearing.

Devy, you just pwned that schenkadere bitch with that statement.:worship:

What a fucking retard.

Salvatore said:
Oh man schenkadere you stirred up a Hornets nest of over emtional teenaged
dorks on the nevermore forum. Your not allowed to have an opinion, damn it.
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220725

Opinions are fine. They're assholes, we all have em, and they all stink - especially mine..

But what's the use in completely tearing down a band? I've never been so searing in a review, and I don't see a need to be. If I don't like something that much, I simply don't listen to it. I've wasted money on CDs I didn't like before based on word of mouth, but I hung onto em anyway. Eventually I resold em for close to what I bought em for.

You win, you lose, you live.

And last I checked I've been out of my teenage angst years for a while now. Okay, not too long, but still.

Now, let's agree to disagree, and agree that we all need to take our feet out of each others asses, and go put em up Rush Limbaughs ass :D

Shut your yap you whiny bitches. Hey Devy, who died and made you overlord of musical criticism???

If someone want's to rip on your favourite band who gives a flying fuck. I understand that you are a Nevermore groupie and have probably never washed the hand that you used to jerk off Loomis last time Nevermore passed through your town, but you are way too sensitive. If I would rather clap my balls between two bricks than listen to the onslaught of wailing shit that is the latest Nevermore CD big deal. Contrary to what you want to believe, not everyone is going to have a Nevermore shrine set up in the corner of their living room. Stop crying into that tub of ice-cream, wipe your tears and move on.

Saucy_Jack said:
Shut your yap you whiny bitches. Hey Devy, who died and made you overlord of musical criticism???

If someone want's to rip on your favourite band who gives a flying fuck. I understand that you are a Nevermore groupie and have probably never washed the hand that you used to jerk off Loomis last time Nevermore passed through your town, but you are way too sensitive. If I would rather clap my balls between two bricks than listen to the onslaught of wailing shit that is the latest Nevermore CD big deal. Contrary to what you want to believe, not everyone is going to have a Nevermore shrine set up in the corner of their living room. Stop crying into that tub of ice-cream, wipe your tears and move on.

You missed the ending....

</belligerence>