Nevermore

Why don't you dipshits go back to your forum?
He didn't go to the Nevermore forum and talk shit.
He paid his money/ supported your band and was dissapointed with what he bought. If he wants to bitch about it HERE it is fine by me.
I saw Nevermore on Gigantour and was impressed. Also, I thought they were pleasant guys when they walked by us at the FYE table they spoke and acted cool. I didn't buy anything of theirs. My friend did, got it autographed, and burnt me a copy.;) Merry Christmas!!!!!!!

I don't see the big deal here. The guy diden't like "TGE" or Loomis's playing. So what? He did it respectfully, He diden't personally attack you or me and I Really like Nevermore and especially Loomis Playing, I think Loomis is one of the best ever. But I understand that not everyone has my view point and it's ok. There is no reason to get upset over it. And from what I've read on Bills forum most people are respectfull to each other and can maturely debate issues and discuss topics.

Hey all you Nevermore fags. First off...get real...it's just a band...they don't know you or care about you...there's really no need to be so defensive.

I'm sure you're all about 20 if that and have very limited musical exposure...you obviously have no idea about expression through music.

I never said Loomis was shit, I said the album was shit, and not even in those words...I said he was overrrated and doesn't deserve to be compared to Yngwie. He's done nothing groundbreaking. He is skilled, no doubt...that doesn't make him great. See the link on this of the amazing 8 year old guitarist I posted. The kid has amazing technical ability, especially for someone his age, but he's not a great, emotional player....he's 8 for God's sake. Being a great guitarist is not about technical ability alone...period.

If you want to hear emotional shredding, listen to the first Rising Force album, listen to UFO's Strangers in the Night, listen to the work of Uli Jon Roth, especially his post Scorpions work, Marty Friedman with Megadeth. Emotional guitar is not about technical ability alone...it's about self expression and the special ability to have the listener feel your emotion through your notes. Emotional and impressive are two entirely different things.

My advice to you all is...go back to popping your pimples and open your ears and minds. And until Loomis is a personal friend and coming over your house for the holidays, don't be so fucking defensive...it's really ridiculous and childish.

Out!:headbang:

I have to agree with schenk to an extent :)

I love Loomis' playing, but whenever I hear it I don't get the same feeling as when I listen to Friedman's stuff (especially on countdown). Loomis doesn't seem to use phrasing quite the same, but I still say he's a great guitarist.

And hey, I never tried to completely tear any of you guys down, I just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter. If I pissed anyone off, sorry about that. Now like I said, let's all stop this shit and go pound Rush Limbaugh into a slimy pulp!

DarkNoise said:
I have to agree with schenk to an extent :)

I love Loomis' playing, but whenever I hear it I don't get the same feeling as when I listen to Friedman's stuff (especially on countdown). Loomis doesn't seem to use phrasing quite the same, but I still say he's a great guitarist.

And hey, I never tried to completely tear any of you guys down, I just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter. If I pissed anyone off, sorry about that. Now like I said, let's all stop this shit and go pound Rush Limbaugh into a slimy pulp!

I never said he wasn't good...just that he's not great...he's overrated.

Friedmans's crowning glories are on Rust In Peace...Poison Was the Cure, Lucretia and Tornado of Souls. You're most likely not that familiar with Michael Schenker or Uli Jon Roth. Yngwie's first solo record...Rising Force is a glorious achievement...he shows an amazing mix of technical and emotional...this is a groundbreaking album...as big as Van Halen or Blizzard of Oz. It changed the way the instrument would be played and created the neo classical genre.

schenkadere said:
If you want to hear emotional shredding, listen to the first Rising Force album, listen to UFO's Strangers in the Night, listen to the work of Uli Jon Roth, especially his post Scorpions work, Marty Friedman with Megadeth. Emotional guitar is not about technical ability alone...it's about self expression and the special ability to have the listener feel your emotion through your notes. Emotional and impressive are two entirely different things.

Ok, well that's your opinion. I understand youre not saying Loomis is a bad player; rather, he doesnt have the 'emotion' you look for in a guitar player. Fair enough.

As for the album itself, I think it's unbelievable and I know I'm not alone in that regard. I have yet to see a less than spectacular review of the album by any music critic/journalist that has any amount of credibility which, no offense, you certainly don't have any of. I'm talking about critics who get published and musicians in the metal scene itself. I don't know what you look for in metal, but I look for the kind of feel/emotion that makes up everything Loomis lays down on record. I'd suggest listening to their other albums, but I can see you have your mind made up. No worries.

Saucy_Jack said:
Shut your yap you whiny bitches. Hey Devy, who died and made you overlord of musical criticism???

If someone want's to rip on your favourite band who gives a flying fuck. I understand that you are a Nevermore groupie and have probably never washed the hand that you used to jerk off Loomis last time Nevermore passed through your town, but you are way too sensitive. If I would rather clap my balls between two bricks than listen to the onslaught of wailing shit that is the latest Nevermore CD big deal. Contrary to what you want to believe, not everyone is going to have a Nevermore shrine set up in the corner of their living room. Stop crying into that tub of ice-cream, wipe your tears and move on.

Uh, I'm thinking you were drunk when you made this post? Either that or you have trouble reading. And, look at the hypocrisy in your post, dude!

I'm too sensitive? All I did was make a polite retort to a post, defending my favorite band. I don't see how I am being too sensitive in that regard. Plus, look at your post:

"I understand that you are a Nevermore groupie and have probably never washed the hand that you used to jerk off Loomis last time Nevermore passed through your town, but you are way too sensitive. If I would rather clap my balls between two bricks than listen to the onslaught of wailing shit that is the latest Nevermore CD big deal. Contrary to what you want to believe, not everyone is going to have a Nevermore shrine set up in the corner of their living room. Stop crying into that tub of ice-cream, wipe your tears and move on."

That paragraph makes you sound like a little 5 year old brat. It also makes you look like you're the one who is much too sensitive to the fact that I wrote 5 lines defending a band that I like. Get lost, punk.

1 more thing before I call it a day....

I hate to say it, but using Yngwie as an example of a prime 'emotional' shredder is not permittable. Talk about someone who can play fast and, well not much else, his playing is DEVOID of any emotion.

For neoclassical guitar with 'emotion' listen to Joe Stump.

Devy_Metal said:

I hate to say it, but using Yngwie as an example of a prime 'emotional' shredder is not permittable. Talk about someone who can play fast and, well not much else, his playing is DEVOID of any emotion.

Listen to Yngwie's work with Alcatrazz...a difficult album to find, but worth it. It was the album that really introduced him to the world. It's a little popish at times with Graham Bonnett fronting but the guitar work is magnificent. He shines in a band environment. Rising Force is also exceptional. I get what you're saying about him now being devoid of feeling, but still...this is the guy who started it all. Stump is cool...but he seriously suffers from the "too many notes" syndrome as well. Uli Jon Roth is the man...the perfect mix. Find Electric Sun's Earthquake...one of the finest guitar albums ever...his voice is horrible, but you don't even notice.

No, I'm not a professional critic or musician, nor did I chose to, but I've been playing guitar for 26 years and I adore the instrument...it's my first love.

I appreciate your opinions...thanks for appreciating mine.

Devy_Metal said:

Feeling is all about phrasing and dynamics...so much of that has been lost because of the pressure to be technically astounding. The more efficient one can be on their chosen instrument allows them to be more emotional because there are no road blocks, but too many players have lost sight of that and focused on tricks and techniques...rarely does a solo have anything to do with the song, mainly because melody has been lost.

gaschamber said:
power metal=the metal with no power.

Whatever the terminology...everyone has their own idea of what these fucking ridiculous classifications mean. By "power" I mean hard and driving, yet technical and melodic. Power, speed, whatever...call it what you will...it's all meaningless...especially if it sucks!

For example...look what they call metalcore...how did that ever happen? Metalcore is the fusion of heavy metal and hardcore of which the originators would be SOD. How did today's gay Headbanger's Ball bands ever get to be labeled metalcore?...it doesn't even make sense.

schenkadere said:
Hey all you Nevermore fags. First off...get real...it's just a band...they don't know you or care about you...there's really no need to be so defensive.

I'm sure you're all about 20 if that and have very limited musical exposure...you obviously have no idea about expression through music.
actually Warrel is a regular on the Nevermore forum.
speaking about others limited musical tastes on a Billy Milano forum?:D

blind_cynic said:
actually Warrel is a regular on the Nevermore forum.
speaking about others limited musical tastes on a Billy Milano forum?:D

What does a forum have to do with musical taste? Well, your little picture is scary metal, so maybe I should value your opinion.

blind_cynic said:
heh,you know you are really dumb.
I think dumb would be....Coming here to Billys board to even attemp to argue with people about a thread that you didnt agree with. I belive that would not only be dumb, but it may fall into the stupid catagory.

schenkadere said:
Yngwie's first solo record...Rising Force is a glorious achievement...he shows an amazing mix of technical and emotional...this is a groundbreaking album...as big as Van Halen or Blizzard of Oz. It changed the way the instrument would be played and created the neo classical genre.

Yngwies playing is emotional...:erk:

Umm, yeah...that's just amazing to say. I think you really just eliminated the credibility from any future posts that ANYONE might read from you.

Not to mention his first LP being on par with BoO or the 1st VH. Mmm hmm. Yeah.

TardTime.