New album Foregone out February 2023

Yeah Lost Without a Trace is OK, and the lyrics are so Anders. With that said the chorus is a bit off for me. Too many effects and the style itself sounds a bit too scene for my taste. Overall still better than anything IF have done since 2011 though.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
Yeah Lost Without a Trace is OK, and the lyrics are so Anders. With that said the chorus is a bit off for me. Too many effects and the style itself sounds a bit too scene for my taste. Overall still better than anything IF have done since 2011 though.

Agreed. As a song it's average but Ander's screams and vocal delivery just sound a lot more like him than either of the last 2 albums. The chorus is meh but it's Aaron Pauley who does that, not Anders.

Yeah, not sure Anders would have sung it any better. It's the kind of chorus Speed would have done well with.

I'm listening to a version of Abnegation that I've downloaded. It's not the one from ASOP and is not the one from Viva La Bands. I'm confused because I never read that there were three different versions of this song

I've only ever heard the demo and album versions - where'd you find it?

Soulseek. Though I don't remember what was the search.

This sounds mostly like he demo version though the sound is better, the vocals have some effects and the choruses are a bit different.

Apparently, it's a rip from myspace.

Last edited:
Bjorn records all the guitars, but when he listens to the album they've all been replaced by Anders' vocals, acapella style. Bjorn says it's an improvement, smiling through tears.

Reactions: eochaid
All the solos are Anders' voice with the way wah pedal.

Bjorn goes back to the drums. Bit they're replaced with programming.

Last edited:
Reactions: DE4life
Shame. I was holding out hope for what they could write back in Sweden. Instead were gonna get another sterile sounding album with all identical formulaic song structures, programmed drums and the worst mixed wah pedal lead work you've ever heard.