New album Foregone out February 2023

At this point that was expected. Or do you people think that they're seeing the past years (albums) as a mistake? They're doing what they want to do and what they feel is good for them.

Anders is for sure enjoying collaborating with a 'famous' producer like Howard Benson. I doubt Bjorn cares that much either way, but we all know who is making the decisions nowadays.

Reactions: eochaid
And the latest video The Halo Effect posted on their social media captions Niclas as "Former member of: In Flames"

Official enough for me! Dude is no longer in IF.

It seems like they never told him that he wasn't in the band anymore. Maybe they did now.

It was kind of obvious, not sure why IF and Niclas have been so reluctant to just come out and say it.

Yeah, I'm assuming he was just being diplomatic so that it didn't cause people to start asking Anders & Bjorn about it. Now that he's in a new band though it's pretty much out there for everyone to see.

Gyroscope weirdly is one i've never been able to get into, i should probably give it another listen... otun, FFTG and The Hive are my frequented songs off Whoracle.

Couple of completely unrelated topics, did you all see that they released a limited run merch range to go with all the CD reissues? I grabbed a Jester Race hoody as consdering the album came out 2 years before I was born, I missed the first run :rofl:

Secondly, in the light of it becoming apparent that Anders and Bjorn are back in LA to likely record, I relistened to I,TM for the first time in over a year and having initially liked it on release, feeling like a continuation of SOAPF but with Battles production, listening to it this time I found almost nothing that stuck with me. Some of the songs have nice ideas or riffs, but the production just sucks. namely the autotune, flat guitar tone and the disgusting sounding programmed drums. Ironically, This Is Our House which was recorded later and with Tanner, actually has an OK drum tone, even if the rest of the song sucks which is funny as it shows Benson does know how to record actual drums, but fully decides to just replace it all with samples anyway - especially seeing as the Clayman rerecords suffer the exact same issue. It's funny that Ander's side project likely has more integrity and is more genuine than the next IF album (just like the last 2)

Digital recording and the trust in plugins to get the right sound for the guitars are a problem. It makes the instruments sound fake.

Reactions: TheJestersDoor
https://web.archive.org/web/20010419175431/http://www.inflames.com/guestbook/guestbook.htm

N'Flaymz guestbook from their website in 2001... a guestbook, such an early 2000s thing :D

"Sorry.... but I consider "Clayman" one of the most ridicolous albums I ever Listened... I saw u live in Rome, on 19 September... And the concert was boring... sorry.. You Were One of my fab groups... but now..."

"Clayman rocked.... for almost an entire spin. Metal far too predictable... wasted money. Hint: next ask advice from Mikael Akerfelt in the songwriting."

"You guys sold out big time.With the new release of "CLAYMAN"i think that that album shows the decay of a truely god-life band."

"How come everybody think clayman is such a good album Imean its good but not near any of the old ones (not counting colony) i think InFlames changed their style to much. My own opinion would be that Jester & Whoracle where the the top of InFlames capability, why did they change?"

"In Flames is far past their prime, Clayman is a boring and predictable album - and why is it I see you wearing UNIFORMS in the new live photos? I always check back here because at one time you ment so much to me, but it is always depressing to see a band become arrogant and nieve to their own musical downfall."

The hater crew going strong even in 2001 :D wonder what these guys thought of Reroute and STYE?

"we are really looking for your concerts in turkey! we love you men! you really have lots of funs here!"

"In Flames RULEEESSS!!! All other Suxxx...In Flames is my life....Jespeeeerrr,Bigman,, I Love YOu Soooo Muchhhhh!!! ::)) Goodbye from TURKEY!!!"

"NOTHING TO SAY.YOU ARE THE BEST IN THIS FUCKIN WORLD. ARE YOU GOING TO COME TO TURKEY? COME HERE TO MAKE US CRAZY MOTHER FUCKERS WÝTH YOUR MUSÝC UP TO OUR ASS..."

Turkish fans seem kind of scary.

"I would just like to let you guys know that I and my 2 friends wil be promoting you in a Lyp Sync contest at our school. Mostly people do rap or pop song at this event, we will be thae only people in history of this event to to real music, that is your"

Wonder how this went?

"I LIKE INFORATION OVER IN FLAMES BECAUSE THIS GROUP IS VERY GOOD YOU CAN SEND TO MY MAIL!!"

OK.

"you guys are the best,i have never heard any better guitars well done bjorn your a god damn genius.would love to see you guys come to australia."

Yeah well done Bjorn, Jesper just sitting around doing nothing.

"I see hell i know your there.."

What

"there's nothing in the world quite like listening to In Flames while you're staring at the walls. You can't quite understand what's going on, but that's fine because it flows so well. "

Yes, nothing like listening to In Flames whilst staring at walls feeling confused.

"no comment...but I'd like to recive something from u....anything"

WTF.

"Hay IN FLAMES ... your fucking good !!! rule on! And ot all the napster users you SUCK!!! BITCHES !!! what are you too pussy to find a job and by some fucking CD ??? IN FLAMES RULES ON!!!"

Signed Lars Ulrich.

"The best metal ever! Your sound has been improving along the years and now "tastes" better! Thanks for the good music and keep on the good work! But in the middle of all this roses there's a spine: When do you come to Portugal?? Soon I hope..."

Don't try to eat the CD.

"F**king computer. Second try. In Flames = In France. Kick some ass !!!"

"heaven throwed me out of his world and dropped me in hell and then i got to meet the InFlames and now i am burning in flames."

Sounds painful.

"I think the band has nothing to do whit 666 anymore they have grown as a persons. That is so fucking stupid like..."

Confusing. Suggests the band aren't satanists anymore and seems to say it's because they've matured, but then says that's fucking stupid. So...?

"i'm a trully fan. Thanks for your existance!!!!"

What's a trully?

"I LOVE OLD IN FLAMES I LOVE LUNAR STRAIN I LOVE THE JESTER RACE I LOVE WHORACLE I LOVE COLONY MONEY MONEY MONEY I FUCK MONEY"

I was with him until the part about having sex with money.

"I like ur page. I havnt heard any of ur music but ur prolly good. Good Luck!! **besos***"

Besos indeed.

"I'm looking for you:F,in your 20ies,black hair,to my chin long,english speaking,black purse wearing.Me: blond M,wearing Nuclear Blast T-shirt. I just cant get you out of my head.E-mail me!"

Nope.

"I am now officially Swedish.....hooked yes I am and it's all your fault...hahahaha"

Unfortunately that isn't how gaining a nationality works, hahahaha

"When are you coming to Finland?? Or don't care 'bout finnish fans?? Mayby we shouldnt buy your records any more!!! It's shame, but something we must do, to get you here!!!"

The Great 2001 Finnish In Flames Boycott started here.

"You guys suck"

:D

"Jesper Stromblad, please stay true to just ONE band. Don't be in multiple bands at the same time!!! It is not fair to In Flames as well as your other bands. Also, please never go to India. It is one big hell hole. Trust me. Keep it metal. Take care In Flames."

Was Jesper in other bands around this time period? Also LOL at the random India bashing.

"your band are the best in your genre, you are on others bands, because you play as the demons of the deep hell..."

I assume that's a compliment?

I could go on forever.... IF need to bring the guestbook back.

Last edited:
"Jesper Stromblad, please stay true to just ONE band. Don't be in multiple bands at the same time!!! It is not fair to In Flames as well as your other bands. Also, please never go to India. It is one big hell hole. Trust me. Keep it metal. Take care In Flames."

Was Jesper in other bands around this time period? Also LOL at the random India bashing.

1. Dimension Zero (probably).
2. Maybe a Pakistani?
3. The ten people who had internet back in that day were making too much noise.

Surprised Bryce Paul wasn't posting angry emojis and raging over Bjorn wearing a mask.

Honestly it's going to be tough to give a fuck about In Flames with The Halo Effect now in existence.

I think ITM is probably their peak with Benson. I can't see them doing any better than that, and if we're honest whilst the album is better than Battles it's still extremely mediocre, and doesn't come close to anything pre-2014.

The Halo Effect hasn't replaced In Flames for me tbh. THE's basically a feel-good throwback band for me and IF occasionally puts out some tracks that I really like (Voices and I, the Mask are still great songs imo). I'm hoping they can improve on Battles and ITM.

Speaking of LA, I saw that Anders Jivarp had flown there to record his new band's debut album, too.

I'm telling you, dudes, Los Angeles will be the place to BE for Gothenburg's finest within the next few years.

Surprised Bryce Paul wasn't posting angry emojis and raging over Bjorn wearing a mask.

Honestly it's going to be tough to give a fuck about In Flames with The Halo Effect now in existence.
Last time that I was that excited about an album was when CC was released. To me, right now, THE, the new songs, are far above anything that IF has released since 2006. But, for some reason, I still want to hear what they have to release. And, thanks to THE, if they release some kind of mediocre garbage, I won't be mad because these guys are releasing not only good music but also music that I want to hear and makes me feel good.

The fact that there's a replacement, and hope, is amazing.