New album Foregone out February 2023

The Puzzle is such a sick track.

It's funny because lyrically and even vocally Anders is far from his best here. Somehow the production on this album just makes it work, though. They really managed to nail a sound which hides Anders' vocal weaknesses perfectly whilst enhancing the instruments at the same time. Why they totally abandoned this afterwards is a total mystery to me. The Puzzle as a song isn't particularly intricate or groundbreaking, the solo is in a lot of ways the usual Bjorn #198 wahfest, but again, the production just makes it all work.

I do like the outro on this one.

It's funny because lyrically and even vocally Anders is far from his best here. Somehow the production on this album just makes it work, though. They really managed to nail a sound which hides Anders' vocal weaknesses perfectly whilst enhancing the instruments at the same time. Why they totally abandoned this afterwards is a total mystery to me. The Puzzle as a song isn't particularly intricate or groundbreaking, the solo is in a lot of ways the usual Bjorn #198 wahfest, but again, the production just makes it all work.

Great song.

At the time, I think that it was Bjorn, mentioned how they had a lot of trouble with this song. I don't remember what it was, bit something about him wanting the song to go in one direction (to be as it is now) and the others .. it's not like they did not agree but that they had problems to make it work.

Good music can make bad lyrics work in a so-bad-it's-good way, imo.

Yeah, I love the outro for this track. They did something similar with The Chase on SC. The band should do more of that kind of thing.

I can sorta see it. EG bears more similarity to Enter Tragedy in terms of composition imo, but The Puzzle does kind of serve the role of "fast track early in the album" like Dead Alone or Scorn.

I switched my vpn to New Zealand and listened to Foregone pt2. Guys, I really like it. It is mid tempo with constant changes between calm and heavier parts. The intro somehow gave me a modern Moonshield feeling. Clean and slow verses with some weird effect, screaming heavy pre-chorus and a melodic chorus, which the only way to describe it is beautiful. The solo is nothing special, but with the dual guitars it actually works well within the whole song.

Don't like the excessive autotune, but it is what it is nowadays. The calmer/cleaner parts sound like something off I, the Mask or Battles. Maybe some SOAPF in there too. Heavier parts closer to what we've been hearing recently, no major issues there. Solo is okay I guess, but I wish they'd put more effort into building up to the solo section so that the solo blends in with the song, rather than always feeling like a separate entity.

In terms of where I'd provsionally rank this one based on what we've heard so far I'd probably go

The Great Deceiver
State of Slow Decay
>> Foregone Pt 2
Foregone Pt 1

I couldn't remember a thing about Pt 1 before I played it again today. TGD and SoSD I do remember even if I wasn't bowled over by them.

Someone please share a download link for Foregone pt2 ❤️❤️

I'm sure one will be available in due course, but if you use a VPN and switch to Australia or New Zealand you'll be able to listen using the link Ilias provided from YouTube.

Yeah this is a weird one. Intro could be cool but is cut off way too short. Seems like they've been saving up the entire auto-tune budget from the previous three singles for this one, and yet the chorus doesn't even rhyme which is a real pet peeve of mine.

Having said all that, it's infinitely better than House or The Truth so if it fills that slot in the album I guess I can't complain.

Some further thoughts.. chorus has the same guitar melody as pt1 but it takes a few spins to notice as it's almost completely drowned out by the vocals, and something about the main "heavier" guitar riff makes me think it sounds like it could have come from SOAPF.

I'm really bouncing off this one, particularly the chorus. It's putting into focus for me why I'm more excited about the next THE release than this album.

I've had a chance to listen and wow I'm quite astounded.

I think this is exactly what we needed after the 1st 3 singles, I think this is easily my fav just because it has so many elements that work together, especially in the verses. The acoustic parts work super well.

I also really like how during the chorus, its practically the same melody as PT1 - solo could be better as always but overall I'm very happy with this song.

Well, we've had some positive sentiments and some neutral sentiments, now we just need Eochaid to come in and tear this sucker apart for complete balance :cool:

Fr tho guys, how is copying melodies from PT 1 a good thing? :D

Reactions: shad0w__