New album news! (Sort of)

The Essence of Conviction

Evergrey Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Just trying to get get this thing rolling In the midst of masterings, layout discussions,deciding on single and video, news coming very soon

That's from Evergrey's twitter.

It was good when they put out videos of Torn recordings ...

We were delighted with videos about the album construction. It's hurtful not have the amount of news we want to get about the new album; I'm curious about the new guys, how they will fit into Evergrey's Music u know?!

You guys that already have seen them live, tell us how was it? They're doing the service properly, I mean, they can hand it?! hehe

This band is so important to me, I need to know how the thing's going ... :D My biggest doubt is about the drums, I'm not saying that it was the wrong choice, coz I don't know the guy yet, but because it's the instrument I most like ...

I'm also curious how the new guys fit in and what they can bring to the band.

Henrik had a great solo style and the songs he wrote/co-wrote had some of my favourite riffs in.

Jonas did a great job during his time with Evergrey, but I was a big fan of Patrick Carlsson's drum work. Not sure if the change to simpler drum lines was Jonas style or general band input, but I'll have my fingers crossed for a return to Carlsson's more progressive style, or maybe a return by the man himself.

Can't say the bass playing has been a highlight or even that noticable to me in previous Evergrey recordings, so I'll skip comment about those changes :p

Fingers crossed for some Evergrey news sometime soon, I'm dying to hear even a small snippet of what the new songs sound like. After the jaw dropping, bone crunching guitar sound of Torn, I'm looking forward to hearing the production style they've gone for this time as much as the songs themselves.

Yea i prefer Carlsson's drum style way more way more! I have high hopes for the new one.