New Evergrey album.

kolter

New Metal Member
Jan 27, 2005
Finland
koti.mbnet.fi
I just heard at Tuska festival in Finland that Evergrey's going to studio to record the new album on following autumn. The album should be released next year. Have any of you heard something like this so far? :err:

(***Heavier and Darker, merging RD and SDT would be amazing. The solos, the melodies, the thrash, and the ambience.***)

I'll Second that!!!!

Good to see the right bands churning out regular albums and keeping it real and alive.

Daniel \m/

NoSoup4you said:
I don't know if they'll be able to top Recreation Day, though.

What makes you think the "Recration Day" is their top ? I don't want them to top anything. It is enough for me their being loyal to their musical approach, and make the music they always want to do.

I personally thought TIC had the best production yet, a lot of the stuff before sounds like its in a cave at times. I like reverb to create a bit of ambience, not to create the illusion of huge rooms (unless its used as a proper effect, not constantly).

However I do think ISOT was the best album so far, so we'll see

I'm a little bit afraid of Evergrey using 7 string ax's. I realy liked the way they played in the first three albums, back when it was all about being progressive AND melodic. Not to say i dont like the newer releases, i just dont like when some bands using lower tuning as an excuse/substitute for being heavy.
As for the production, i dont think it will change, not while Evergrey own their own studio and use the same people they have been, but thats cool......as long as the music is good.

Is there any word on the lyrical content, ie: is it gona be another concept or not?
Maybee an "insider" could tell us a bit more??

Daniel\m/

Again I will have to disagree

I have no problem with the band using 7 string's, mainly because I'm a 7 string user myself. I always find that it adds texture more than anything, in my band the bassist uses a 5 string bass, and the other guitarist a standard 6 string guitar. When we do the riding on the same riff parts, its usually in three different octaves rather than 2, making the texture much larger than a lot of bands.

Some bands do use the lower tuning as a crutch I will not dispute that, but 7 strings dont automatically mean substitute for heavyness. Nevermore and Nocturnal Rites both use 7 strings, and both of them are pretty damn different from each other, the 7 string just adds another spoke to the wheel

Also, playing on a 7 string doesn't mean you have to always use the lowest note you can. It just allows you to play drop tuned things and standard tuned things on the same guitar. Without having to have a 6 string tuned way down when you do want to use the low notes.

It especially adds a dimension when say playing in keys like E. Most bands would just ride on the low E string and have an E power chord as the lowest part, with a 7 string, you can lead into it with lower notes, go further past it when going down in notes. Like I said, its just another spoke in the wheel, although one of my favourites :D