New Evergrey album.

Since when is Evergrey gonna play with a 7-string?

Where did you guys heard that news?

Cause I'm kind of dissapointed, I like the 6-string much more
But let's just hear what they will sound like,
Evergrey can't do something wrong :)

Also, they are getting Caparison 7 strings to replace the 7 string guitars they already have and use while recording. Its not like they are going to stop using the many 6 sting guitars they already have. They are simply filling out their guitar arsenal with all Caparison guitars.

rrrrrock! One thing, which separates Evergrey from many other band is that they had made 5 excellent albums and every one is better than previous! Very often bands made one or two good albums and next is bad. But Evergrey haven't done that! So, my expectation for the next album is very high but I'm sure that they redeem my expectations!

Boltsa said:
rrrrrock! One thing, which separates Evergrey from many other band is that they had made 5 excellent albums and every one is better than previous! Very often bands made one or two good albums and next is bad. But Evergrey haven't done that! So, my expectation for the next album is very high but I'm sure that they redeem my expectations!

I felt that way until TIC came out, although I liked it it didn't top RD or ISOT. One other band di do that though and the name is.... DEATH!!! :headbang:

Release date for TIC was APRIL of 2004. That's a year and a half ago. I really hope a new album is being worked on and they NEED TO TOUR IN THE FUCKING USA!!!! I didn't catch them with COB. :erk: But yeah evergrey is the best band in the WORLD so the new album has to be as good as the rest! Personally I didn't enjoy the soft songs on TIC so I hope they don't do that as much. All hail EG :worship:

I think (being a guitarist for about 10 years now) The intruduction of a 7 string would be great. They have used them before and it sounds good. Its more versital, and it opens a new realm of tunings for the band to fuck with. Evergrey is great because they have such an original sound. I think toms singing is what makes this poss. Look at Children of Bodom. The music is awesome and the guitarist is very good, but the singer is crap. I gave that band a chance but I just cant get passed how shitty the singer is. EG could tune their guitars any way they wanted as long as they keep their talent and Tom doesn't start to sing like an ass hole They will continue to my My fav band!!

They own their own studio now so they don't have to 'pay' per se for studio time; they will and can take as much time as they want to make an album now. I will wait patiently!

*edit
One thing I do hope they add is a true instrumental like they talked about doing for TIC. I want a 10-minute guitar masturbation track :D

A lot of bands says plenty of times that their next album is going to be "heavier" and then when the album goes out (almost all the time) the album ended being the Softest of all their discography

I really HOPE that the new Evergrey effort ended being their heavier album.... it doesn't matter if it's not darker, with the heavier sound it would be awesome!!!!

NastyJoan said:
A lot of bands says plenty of times that their next album is going to be "heavier" and then when the album goes out (almost all the time) the album ended being the Softest of all their discography

I really HOPE that the new Evergrey effort ended being their heavier album.... it doesn't matter if it's not darker, with the heavier sound it would be awesome!!!!

Remember just because it 's heavy doesn't mean it's good. I'd say the majority of metal bands suck real bad. Evergrey is about being dark and heavy. If it were just heavy it wouldn't have thar EG feeling you know?