New Album Purchases

Okay, I picked up the self-titled debut album from Ashes of Ares (Ex-Iced Earth singer Matt Barlow's new band).

And my review of the Helloween CD Straight out of Hell can be seen via this KNAC.com link.

My review of the Ashes of Ares debut album is now up at this KNAC.com link.

ashesofares_st.jpg

Sweet!

My physical copy of the ReVamp CD arrived in the mail last week. :)

Well that should be very cool for you!

I picked up the Fates Warning CD Darkness in a Different Light but haven't gotten a chance to listen to it yet.

Yes, I've already listened to it several times, so having a "real" copy for my collection is quite nice indeed.

Oh, and at the Kamelot show a couple weeks ago, I picked up a limited edition of the "Sacrimony" single, signed by the band.

Nice!

Oh, and at the Kamelot show a couple weeks ago, I picked up a limited edition of the "Sacrimony" single, signed by the band.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!!? Makes me almost wish I went.

And yesterday I ordered Soilwork - Sworn to a Great Divide (Japan)

Out of curiosity, how much was it?

I wouldn't have gone to the show just for this though. As much as I like them, I won't go see Kamelot live again until they overhaul their setlist.

It was only $15; not bad for being autographed. I wouldn't pay that much for it by itself, though. There's also a bonus track on it that was exclusive only to Sweden, where this single was released.

I thought the setlist on their last stop to the U.S. was pretty good; there were a lot of songs they did that I didn't hear last year. I expect them to do a lot of tracks off the new album, though.

Cool Tage, thanks!

Got an online copy of the new Benedictum album, and got to interview Veronica this past Friday. She was super-cool and fun to talk to. I'll have the review up on Sonic Cathedral shortly.

I got the online download link for the Benedictum CD as well. I listened to it today at work for a first go-round, but plan to listen to it more to be able to do a full rounded review.

Paradise Lost - The Anatomy of Melancholy (CD)
Paradise Lost - Tragic Illusion 25
Dark Tranquillity - Lost to Apathy EP
Dark Tranquillity - We Are The Void (Tour Edition)