New Album Purchases

Oh, cool! You should link it at Pamela's Facebook page so she can post it there for everyone to see.

Speaking of Pamela, she'll be a guest on the Talk in the Shadows radio show tomorrow night. You should stop in and listen!

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/talkin...umpin-july--pamela-moore-talks-in-the-shadows

One last thing...my Queensrÿche deluxe edition arrived today!!! :D

1005599_220244058122617_437701722_n.jpg

I did post the link at her Facebook page and the record company's page as well. Both hit the like button. I got the deluxe edition CD but not the T-shirt version.

That's great! I remember KNAC back when it was the best damn radio station on the planet. I'm old. :D

Oh, and my autographed poster arrived today. :)

Cool news on the poster.

I never heard KNAC when it was a "regular" radio station, but I've been listening for years to the online station.

Unless you lived in the Southern California area between 1986-1995, you probably wouldn't have heard of it. But if you watched a lot of the metal videos in the late '80s, you might have caught many KNAC t-shirts/bumper stickers throughout. They're also briefly mentioned in the Decline of Western Civilization movie. In short, KNAC was every metalhead's dream radio station. They played bands that would *never* get airplay on the corporate stations of today.

Some fun trivia about KNAC that only a So. Cal. native would know: you know how a lot of radio stations host something called "Mandatory Metallica"? That was originated from KNAC. They were the first radio station to ever play Metallica's music, and up until the Black album, were really the only ones that did. James and Lars came in on the last day to bid the station farewell, and made jokes about how they would use Jason Newsted's salary to buy the station. Obviously Jason didn't make a lot of money back then! :( The final song to be played on the station? "Fade to Black"!

Yep, KNAC is tied in to my early years as a metalhead, and I found so many bands through that radio station. I'll remember it always.

Unless you lived in the Southern California area between 1986-1995, you probably wouldn't have heard of it. But if you watched a lot of the metal videos in the late '80s, you might have caught many KNAC t-shirts/bumper stickers throughout. They're also briefly mentioned in the Decline of Western Civilization movie. In short, KNAC was every metalhead's dream radio station. They played bands that would *never* get airplay on the corporate stations of today.

Some fun trivia about KNAC that only a So. Cal. native would know: you know how a lot of radio stations host something called "Mandatory Metallica"? That was originated from KNAC. They were the first radio station to ever play Metallica's music, and up until the Black album, were really the only ones that did. James and Lars came in on the last day to bid the station farewell, and made jokes about how they would use Jason Newsted's salary to buy the station. Obviously Jason didn't make a lot of money back then! :( The final song to be played on the station? "Fade to Black"!

Yep, KNAC is tied in to my early years as a metalhead, and I found so many bands through that radio station. I'll remember it always.

Oh I knew all that. I just had never actually HEARD the station's broadcast. Knew all about them.

Thanks, Tage!

My latest album acquisition is the new ReVamp album, Wild Card. Got a free copy from the label when I interviewed Floor! :D

Free is never a bad thing. (unless it is illegally downloaded, LOL!)