NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

" Frontman, guitarist, and mastermind Alexi Laiho comments: "'Under Grass and Clover' is the sound of COB on fire and has been my favorite song since it was written. It's fast, melodic, heavy and dark but also short and sweet. Someone told me that it's kinda like old school Dimmu Borgir and AWK and that's pretty damn cool in my books so we must've done something right." "

http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=34810

Loooool and he even said it sounds dark? How on earth does that purple bubblegum intro sound daaark :rofl:

So first impression were not good... The sound and production reminds me IWC (not good) drums sound weak, distorted intro vocals are terrible (Was It Worth It flashbacks) later it's more raspy which is fine, but i hope other songs will have higher pitch vocals. Even though the song seems simplistic, the up beat tempo, catchy main riff, fun solo and some HoB vibes saves the song for me.
I will temper my expectations, after HoB my hype for CoB was reinvigorated but got burnt pretty hard after hearing IWC. At this point It would make me happy if they made at least somewhat similar album to Halo Of Blood.

Reactions: Johnny_victor
Iit's not as bad as I feared. I don't think anyone was even waiting for another Hatebreeder. It'll be another album at the level of HoB. I just hope some of the songs will sound evil. They always have ones that sound evil and ones with party feel. Overall it sounds like a fusion of Local Band, Halo of Blood and Hate Crew Deathroll. There really is an 80's feel in the sounds. Energetic, fast and short. Not the level of their best stuff, but better than their worst. I think it'll sound nice live, could be nice to jam along to, and it could work to give energy when you're running up stairs, but it's not stunning and I can't smell blood. 3,2 / 5.

Btw this is an absolute truth from Joonas :rofl: which he doesn't always say but this time I trust him since he guessed the color. Means he will keep guessing stuff. So it is not soooo bad and it does sound like Local Band, HOB and HCDR. And in the video Daniel is playing a Les Paul like guitar (he teased us that he'll play a V), whic really shows the 80's vibe (Local Band-ish), even the colors of the lightning are glittery glam stuff. But those vocals also remind of RRF so if this song is the "Was It Worth I?" of this album, then it doesn't mean Hexed is yet to be considered a potentially bad record. Give us 3 goddamn classic songs and we shall be happy!

While I’m not a huge fan of the song, I think the elements of it bode well for the album. It’s faster tempo, the melodies have the happy feel of HoB, and we haven’t heard the neo-classical or progressive riffs yet. So the song itself isn’t my favorite, but the style has me hopeful about the rest of the album.

Reactions: COB-666
Anyway... I hope there will be a song that starts with a keyboard. ( such as Bed of Razors, Hate me!, Hate Crew Deathroll... )

Dont trust him. he said that about I worship Chaos tittle track, and Was it worth it too. So may be he said that for marketing reasons.
I believe there will be some rare gems in this records.
Or maybe his taste is shit. But yeah, I'll have a listen at the album for sure.

Metal-archives review by Blackmetalman666:

Back on track - 85%
" Children Of Bodom finally seemed to be getting their act together for the Halo Of Blood record in 2013. I remember when that album came out, it was like a breath of fresh air. We were all so used to the boring, generic shite the band had been putting out since at least 2008 or so, so to hear Bodom tapping back into the roots was honestly pretty damn great. Then came I Worship Chaos, which I would rank among Bodom's worst albums. They showed such promise, only to throw it all away and essentially record Relentless, Reckless, Forever Part 2. Over the past little while since I Worship Chaos came out, I sort of came to terms with the fact that the band were essentially done... then Hexed was announced, and this new song came out, accompanied by a pretty flashy music video, and I've gotta say; I'm impressed.

Seriously, this is a major step in the right direction for Children Of Bodom. For one, this song is catchier than anything from I Worship Chaos. Thank god. For two, there's guitar solos which I felt were severely lacking on the band's last record as well, so thank god for that as well. The band was quoted recently as saying this record would be tapping more into their rock n' roll roots, and I can definitely see that with this song - which isn't a bad thing at all. You can hear straight up rock riffs going back as far as 1999's Hatebreeder, which remains my favorite outing by Bodom, so to say that the rock influence is a bad thing would imply that I've never liked the band... not the case at all.

As much as I like this song, however, it isn't perfect. I wanted a bit more of a wild sound with some more crazy keyboards and maybe an extra guitar solo, but I guess this is just the first single. There SHOULD be more to come on the album when it get's released. Despite these minor gripes, I still find the song incredibly entertaining and catchy as fuck. The main riff and the way the key jumps around is truly reminiscent of some of the structural qualities of the Follow The Reaper Album, which is yet another great album by Children Of Bodom, and I love how the pace picks up towards the middle of the song and we get some gold old fashioned thrashing by the band.

I guess overall this song did what it needed to. It showed that Children Of Bodom might just be back on track, and that the new album might just have a bit more to offer than expected. There really isn't much else to say about just one song, so I guess I'll have to leave it be until Hexed comes out next March. "

https://www.metal-archives.com/revi...ass_and_Clover/749852/Blackmetalman666/351998

Reactions: Inceptionist
Some post from "isoahontimo"
( https://www.instagram.com/isoahontimo/ " Freelance journalist and photographer from the land of biting frost, dark forests, thousands of enchanting lakes and millions of hot saunas. " )

Nov. 13.:
" Next spring, there will be a 400-page book about Alexi Laiho's (wild) life and (successful) career. The author is a long-time Finnish music journalist Petri Silas.

This opus about Children Of Bodom captain will be out in Finnish, but I would guess that some translations are on their way.

Well, I hope this photo will make it's way onto the book. Here you can see Alexi and one dear machine that he has been using for recordings of almost all Children Of Bodom demos over the years. "
0c38f4901e.jpg

Today:
" Just heard Children Of Bodom's tenth studio album - coming out in March I suppose - and the band is on fire. There's a lot of good material - also very old school sounding COB-stuff "

Our new album "HEXED" will be out on March 8th, 2019 via Nuclear Blast Records. Don't forget to pre-order your copy on one of a variety of awesome formats, including this special edition CD Digipak with Reaper statue!

These are limited to 500 worldwide, so get yours today before they're gone: www.nuclearblast.com/cob-hexed

48272797_10156208317773737_2818063235591176192_n.jpg

IWC - HX first song comparison

Morrigan (Official track):
Views - 632 730
Like/Dislike - 6K / 227

Morrigan (Official video):
Views - 2 100 420
Like/Dislike - 17K / 995

Under Grass And Clover (Official video)
Views - 186 716 !
Like/Dislike - ~10K !/ 321