NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

Heard it.

This song is when technicality and soundworld replaces any creativity. The only thing I liked was the rhythm guitar behind the verse. And that one orchestral hit. This is just a collection of basic Bodom stuff, with nothing new added, yet paradoxically it doesn't even sound like Bodom. How can you guys be thrilled by this? For me it's just sad. They gonna bring this to live shows? Bodom fans are supposed to keep nodding their heads for 4 minutes for this simplified shit?

Video!!

" Next Friday March 8th, we finally release “Hexed” to the world.
This week we wanted to wet your appetite with the music video for our newest single “Platitudes And Barren Words.” "

Youtube:

Hm. Alexi has more energy in this video than "Transferences", perhaps (it's good!). And... the video's story similar to Sixpounder video.

Last edited:
- Yo let's light this fucking lighter so we can be seen better
- Sure, why not

Pleasantly surprised by PABW, not listening to the track by track pays off. Sure its not your signature bodom melody(really makes me think of Dark Tranquility) but there's some solid, catchy mid-tempo riffs. I'm glad keyboards are back and that "elongated" guitar solo put me in this dreamy state, love it. Definitely the best single yet. I understand why some of you dislike it. But hey, my expectations were so high after HoB and so, so low after IWC that I feel like this, honestly, the best "new" bodom we can get now.

Reactions: COB-666
Lyrics:

I’m broken, you’re bent
I laugh while you repent
Threw punches never left a dent

Kick and scream you can feed the flame
Put out the fire it’s all the same
Just either clock out or stake your claim

C'mon just lay it on the line
You’re running on fumes and out of time
It takes more to be convincing
Than platitudes cos your words are wearin' thin

I rush you stall
Here we go you’re on a roll
Driving me right up the wall

Emotions left ripped at the seams
The game is over or so it seems
But sticks and stone won’t
Break your fuckin' routines

Cut me a break don’t take your time
I’m up for laying down the swords
Just no more platitudes or barren words

I’m filled to the brim
What’s one more deadly sin?
To lose or win
Should I frown or grin

You’re running on fumes and out of time
It takes more to be convincing
Than platitudes cos your words are wearin' thin

I’m filled to the brim
What’s one more deadly sin?
To lose or win
Should I frown or grin

Reactions: tragician
Metalstorm

" Children Of Bodom are going to release their tenth studio album, Hexed, on March 8th, 2019 via Nuclear Blast Records. Today, the band reveal the official music video for the third single "Platitudes And Barren Words". This videoclip was directed, edited and produced by Ykä Järvinen. Check ii out below.

Frontman/guitarist Alexi Laiho comments: "This one has been a lot of people's favorite song since day one and when you think about it, every single part of it is catchy as hell so it makes sense. Can't wait to play it live." "
http://metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=35386

Reactions: Woltimon
That song was weird.

Intro and lead guitar is pretty good. Verses aren't that bad either. Vocals for the chorus are horrible. Alexi uses that type of vocals before, but it doesn't match the song here at all. Keyboard solo feels copy pasted with little thought for the song it's inserted into. Breakdown makes no sense and is kinda okayish but has a completely different vibe and doesn't fit this song, let alone Bodom in general.

As others have said, this doesn't quite sound like Bodom. The essence is there still, but it all just feels weird. All in all a song I could get used to, but isn't blowing me away in the slightest.

The forum looks not bad by the way.

But hey, my expectations were so high after HoB and so, so low after IWC that I feel like this, honestly, the best "new" bodom we can get now.

Had similar impressions after HoB/IWC. I love HoB, I think it is up there with HCDR, and then IWC came and I couldn't understand how is it possible. Now I don't know what to expect.

The song is... fine I guess. some parts have nice atmosphere. I didn't like the bridge part. And yeah, doesn't sound like a bodom song.

As being said it's a new era.

Btw, I had to search on My Bodom, because I didn't remember such song existed... :D

Ok, till now:

Under grass and clover 2/10

This Road 7/10

Platitüden song 5/10

I really think Hexed will be the less creative album with the most repetitive songs in Bodoms history. What I heard till now is mostly copy & paste with recycled solos. But: Alexis bridge/filler/interlude parts are cool in every song till now. He's got a hand for that shit.

For those disppointed in the singles, remember that the singles are never usually the strongest tracks on a bodom record, they haven’t been for awhile (although I really dig the Halo of Blood ones).

Something Wild's single: Children of Bodom (good)
Hatebreeder's single: Downfall (good)
Follow the Reaper's single: Hate me! (good)
HCDR's singles: You're Better Off Dead! (good) ; Needled 24/7 (good)
Are You Dead Yet?'s singles: Trashed, Lost & Strungout (good) ; In Your Face (good)
Blooddrunk's singles: Blooddrunk (good) ; Smile Pretty For The Devil (good)
RRF's singles: Shovel Knockout (maybe good) ; Was It Worth It? ( less good ) ; Roundtrip To Hell And Back (i think good)
Halo of Blood's single: Transference (good)
IWC's singles: Morrigan ( meh... ) ; IWC ( i don't like )
Hexed's singles: UG&C (good) ; This Road ( I don't like it so much ) ; P&BW ( good and not good )