NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

First impressions:

This Road - Still a great track
Under Grass and Clover - Still pretty good, a bit repetitive
Glass Houses - Very good
Hecate's Nightmare - Great, better than the slow songs off the last album
Kick in the Spleen - Incredible, those solos at the end, wow.
Platitudes - Tbh, maybe the weakest song so far. The bridge section just repeats and goes on forever, no guitar solos.
Hexed - What a surprise! Wasn't expecting to like this song as much but wow. The ending sounds really cool and caught me off guard.
Relapse - A short and sweet catchy one. Great song.
Say Never Look Back - Didn't disappoint. Great guitar/key lead in the middle. And Jaska gets a drum solo? Wasn't expecting that! The very end is almost the exact same as the end to All Twisted haha.
Soon Departed - I was looking forward to this one a lot and once again, not disappointed. I love how dark it is.
Knuckleduster - I probably had a stupid grin on my face the entire time because I love what they did with this one. The chorus is a lot different and I'm surprised they didn't mess with the solos too much (which is a good thing).

This will end up being better than IWC imo, I don't know about HoB (my favorite CoB album) but more time listening to this will only make it better. I don't see myself skipping any of these songs.

Say Never Look Back is surprisingly good. Simple, but catchy and good interlude. Alexi's interlude skills are out of this world. Not an amazing song, but it's fun to listen to.

This could change since I'm living in the moment right now, but for me Hexed is easily the best album since HCDR.

Who the fuck is in charge of picking singles? Kick in the spleen and Hexed should have been the singles!! No doubt about it.

I'm over the moon with the song Hexed, can't get over it. Especially after the IWC. Maybe daniel had a positive effect on the song writing. This album doesn't have "weird" or "off" sections that previous modern COB songs have.

Hey, what's up with the ending of the Knuckleduster Remix, after the silence? What is that!!?!?!? Was that supposed to be the one minute Intro song? It appears to be anyway.

I am just going to name this song "It Was Me" since we don't have a title lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny_victor
For anyone wondering, the download worked for me but I can't listen to it on my phone aswell. I sold my pc some weeks ago and currently waiting for my new one.. is anyone so free to send me a link of the files via something that works on phone ? Some kind of cloud or whatever :D

Hey, what's up with the ending of the Knuckleduster Remix, after the silence? What is that!!?!?!? Was that supposed to be the one minute Intro song? It appears to be anyway.

I am just going to name this song "It Was Me" since we don't have a title lol.

Seems like it! The remix is weird as hell though...

Who the fuck is in charge of picking singles? Kick in the spleen and Hexed should have been the singles!! No doubt about it.

I'm over the moon with the song Hexed, can't get over it. Especially after the IWC. Maybe daniel had a positive effect on the song writing. This album doesn't have "weird" or "off" sections that previous modern COB songs have.

I think the singles are picked as always to satisfy the crowd and to sound more like pop music. Usually they never choose the best songs as singles!

SLAP MY ASS SIDEWAYS!!!

Dude, you gotta love the freedom of wording in the English language. I love this type of expressions haha.

Maaan it isn't sarcasm! I am not here to provoke or act stupid, trying to have good chat with everyone here, even the ones I don't understand sometimes haha. Just I started listening to Bodom at the age of 15 and they have been my favorite band since, they will always be. And I had a girl, love of my teenage days, and we both were the most psycho fans...and I am just glad to see someone as excited as I was back in the day and when the times were different...because even I now myself have doubts and don't get excited over music that much anyways, and it's good to see some people are, well...not done yet! It gives me the hope back as well...so cheers!!!

Well, I hope I'm never done then ^^ But I have little hope, I feel this excitement only for Bodom's and Brendon Small's music. Everything else I used to love became just "ok" to me.

Reactions: Johnny_victor
Everyone is having trouble with mobile compatibility afaik. If anyone has free time/the ability, could you upload to Youtube as unlisted videos and send links?

Reactions: Woltimon
What I like about Soon Departed is that it's full of stuff going on unlike the slower songs off the last 3 albums which were mostly pretty empty and boring.

The disappointment of the album this time is the drumming, seriously lacklustre. That 80's stuff I was talking about is going pretty much through the entire album. You know, this type of stuff.