NEW ALBUM Q42 017/Q1 2018

No that puking in the documentaries is just hangover... But having anxiety issues and a stressful job can really affect your appetite...

I don't think ge said eating is a waste of time just that he's not sure what to eat and he doesn't have the time and is shit at cooking. And I remember in like 2004 already Jaska said Alexi barely eats anything. Could be EDNOS it's hard to notice because it's not a specific eating disorder but kind of a mix of them.

But I'm sure he gets weight related comments from his friends and family by now so we'll see. The guy is just so fuckin stubborn he's not gonna accept any advice before he gets scared to it :D We saw that with the alcohol

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
Well to say something positive about his looks... I really like how his hair turned out after cutting it shorter in 2013 :D I actually didn't notice how skinny he got at Wacken last year, hope he feels good and is able to gain a bit more weight over the upcoming months. Want to see him in good shape later this year!

Just a quick question, does anyone know what the CKY Laiho carved on his guitar stands for? It's really weird that's he would destroy one of his ax without a good and meaningful reason.

Yes
He carved that into the guitar around that time when CKY was kind of a big deal? I haven't heard anything of them in ages but I remember seeing a video where it shows that Alexi's friends with Bam Margera who's associated with CKY? They were featured on the same CD too some Bam Margera deal I can't remember bc I don't really care about Bam lol

Nah I think the pink one is my favorite guitar I'd buy one even if I suck at playing guitar :D I'm just a bass player. But I get it like if I saw someone scratching a thunderbird I'd be so mad
BUT that sticker om the guitar is the cover of an Andrew WK album called I Get Wet and that's the album where that She Is Beautiful cover song is

Last edited:
Well, that's a WK sticker isn't it? Anyway, I felt ashamed when I chipped my RR24 back in the day a bit, it seems Alexi doesn't cares about edges at all anymore. I don't count the carvings just the edges. Still I would stay with stickers instead of carving. (I wonder why he cared about the Stone guitar, as it was in a relatively excellent conditon during the ownership)

Well, if you are being endorsed and company throws at you tons of guitars, you may start to care about them as much as the first ones you bought on your own hard earned money. Also the "soul-bound" disappears or at least reduces (although afaik the Scythe and the Arrow are the favourites)

If I were to make their 13 song setlist and getting something from each album...

1) Kick in the Spleen. How are you not starting a hexed tour with a song from Hexed? Short fast and angry. Perfect.
2) Scream for Silence. Get the melodies going and get a song from HOB into the setlist.
3) In Your Face. Probably the least controversial song to play live from AYDY. Now that super heavy is out of the way we can get old school.
4) Follow the Reaper.
5) Towards Dead End.
6) Bodom Beach Terror. Three back to back from their three best albums. These three are easily interchangeable to whatever.
7) Hecate's nightmare. More hexed that's not UGAC or This Road.
8) Blooddrunk. Something from blooddrunk album that's also keeping the melodies going.
9) Lake Bodom
10) Soon Departed for the ballad.
11) Hexed to end the set with that ominous outro and a fade to black.

Encore
12) My Bodom. IWC didn't escape my playlist. This song goes straight into being fast and heavy prefect restart and gets super melodic to setup the next song.
13) Downfall is the best outro song they have. But "Children Of Bodom" or "Hatebreeder" are good too since they both end after solos.

I would go with the 16 songs setlist based on the HoB and IWC Eu Tour :)

1. Kick in the Spleen. Completly agree that would be a nice banger to open the set!
2. Bodom Beach Terror.
3. In Your Face. Nice transition for Alexi to talk to the crowd like he always does and introduce the next song.
4. Follow The Reaper.
5. Silent Night Bodom Night. Haven't heard that one in quite a while.
6. Everytime I Die. Few faster songs so time to kick out ADK, pretty oldschool yet.
7. Under Grass and Clover. They love the singles lol
8. Shovel Knockout. Would love to hear that live again :(
9. Hecates Nightmare. Mooore Hexed
10. Hate Me. Time for a classic.
11. Glass Houses. Would fit since it sounds Neo Classical
12. Suicide Bomber. Tried to use different albums.
13. Platitudes. Even more Hexed and I love it.
14. Hexed or Soon Departed to end the set of the -> Hexed <- Tour not "Same Setlist like always feat. the Hexed Singles

Encore:
15. Children of Decadence.
16. Downfall or Hatebreeder.

Thanks @Norbix was a cool idea :D

Alexi is VERY skinny. :/

2012-2014
b2dd660086.jpg

2015-2017
924aa9f603.jpg

Well... 2017 is maybe "OK", but now?!
0b13fe92e6.jpg
That's what I was saying earlier. It struck me as soon as he hit the stage, I was like "fuuck", I legitimately feel bad for the dude. I really, really hope he's ok and gets better soon.

So I finally listened to this new record. I had it for a while but wanted to really concentrate and cherish it. Because I love this band. A LOT.

At first I was unsure what to expect. Hearing 'Under Grass and Clover' as a promo, I was a bit put off at that moment. My impression is that they were just doing more Andrew W.K. stuff, and that i hoped the record wasn't watered down simplicity.

I should have know better. They would never write a dull record. The band is just far too good at what they do - being superb musicians.

-I started on my normal table top stereo. I use this as a reference setup. 'The Road' hits and i'm immediately aware of the fact that these guys have yet again raised the bar on production, writing, counterpoint, mixing, rhythm breaks, and tones. I had to listen to the rest on my HS5's. The sound was so inspiring, i lifted them off the desk to get the best possible impression.

The vocal phrasing, which Alexi has been doing forever, as been rhythmically improving as he ages. A lot of people wouldn't understand this, but his actual rhythm on the vocal phrasing is like an instrument of its own. His gutteral style is of course legacy.

Anywayz, this record is amazing. I hear some stone influence in there. I think Daniel really kicked the band up in writing.... the stereo guitars are awesome sounding. I had to push the bass up - which is a good thing because too many stereos and headphones are bass biased now and its fucking lame. (beats, bose, etc) Janne slayed on this record even more than before. The patches he used were fucking DIALED. The solos were very well placed.. there is nothing forced about the arrangement or actual solos. Henkka of course holds the foundation, his tones varied with some roaring cut through and other parts with the mids and highs rolled back. And Jasaka... fuck. What a blessing to have such a consistently reliable drummer. The upbeat switches are placed well... also the accents, fills. Fuck. What a band.

And here I am, falling back in love with my favorite metal band. I just was curious to see when they come around and BOOM they will be here next Friday. I gotta get permission from my slavemaster boss to go, but i'm not taking no for an answer.

In regards to the subject of Alexi's appearance... I think Finns don't talk openly about things quite enough. Look at their tour schedule. Look at the drive time. Holy shit, to be playing this music at his age is like being an athlete. What happens when 1... just 1 person gets sick in their crew? They all have to play sick until they get better. That is so gnarly. Alexi is tough as nails. I've met him... i've look into his eyes and shook his hand. He's very cognizant of life and what' s going on around him. I just really hope that they have a great tour, have fun and make lots of money. I didn't realize they would be crushing it in Russia so long. I bet the Russians fucking love them. We all love them! The Asian dates must be in 2020?

COBHC

oh. and the freakin Artwork too? So sick. I can't wait to get a shirt

Last edited:
In the Track by track videos, Alexi stated that he would love to play Kick in Spleen live.. would he give it a chance?

Definitely. The only reason they're playing the singles is because they were released sooner so more people recognize them. They're probably waiting for enough time to pass by for the masses to fully digest the album before they start playing the other songs.

Reactions: COB-666
You guys don't see it yet cos you're under the awe of new material, but the only thing that will remain of this album is big thank you for bringing Knuckleduster finally to the daylight. The other songs are just an excuse to put it out there, and will not withstand the teeth of time.

Sure like they seem very proud of this album and it's #1 on the charts in finland but it's because of one old song okay :D I'm pretty sure at least Platitudes will stay on the live sets.

You guys don't see it yet cos you're under the awe of new material, but the only thing that will remain of this album is big thank you for bringing Knuckleduster finally to the daylight. The other songs are just an excuse to put it out there, and will not withstand the teeth of time.

I have to disagree with you on this one Joonas. This album is gold, much better than many things Bodom released before. There are lots of songs on this album that will be remembered a classics in the years to come. Also, the new version of Knuckleduster is but a funny bonus track, but the original was better and therefore there is nothing to thanks the band for.