New Album Recording!!!

Lord Byron

My Uncle Is A Retard
Sep 9, 2005
Ireland
Just took this from the guys myspace!!!

RECORDING FOR ALBUM #8 BEGINS
We've been very busy lately writing and completing the material for our 8th studio album and we're proud to announce that Katatonia will enter the studio this summer, starting in a studio in the south of Sweden with drums courtesy of Daniel on June the 10th. We'll then continue on the remainder of the sessions in a studio here in Stockholm further through july and wrap it up in august.
We'll keep the info short for now as we'll launch a studio diary to give you all the in-depth information and details on the album making incl album/song-titles, audio teasers, album artwork and also our tour plans along the recording process. We can already confirm that initially 13 tracks will be recorded and a selection of 11-12 songs will make it onto the album. We got a few big surprises to reveal and we're confident this material is our most varied, diverse and possibly strongest shit all together on one and the same album. The release date is set for late October on Peaceville.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=7334705&blogID=492103970

Big surprises.... awesome! Growls! ;D

edit: would be good to see some guests on the new album!

It's always funny how nobody gets the info from the official site :p

Anyway, it's great to hear from them again especially now it's very practical info.
I'd like to wish Katatonia good luck and I can't wait for the studio diary

Great news, cant wait for the new album :headbang:.

"We got a few big surprises to reveal"

I wonder what they are, return to doom perhaps?

Jesus its gunna take forever to get to October.

OH my freaking god :D finally some news!! yeyy. Imo they shouldnt give any teasers because they just grows the hunger and usually they doesnt give any good picture about the album :p

Wow Daniel wasn't kidding when he said there would be news "pretty damn soon" haha. Fantastic news!

Edit: I hope he's serious about the studio diary, That'll be awesome.

PLEASE stop about the return to doom and growling.
I'm willing to take major bashing if I'm wrong, but it's damn annoying when you don't respect the ongoing progression of this band.
It's like some The Mars Volta fans want them to play At The Drive-In songs...
As Omar told in an interview when he was asked if they will play ATDI songs, it's like taking your first girlfriend out on a date again, while you broke up ages ago.
Usually it's an embarrassing period you've grown over and want to leave behind.
There is only more and more evidence about Katatonia stepping further and further away from their Doom period, so I personally find it insulting that you have secret wishes about them throwing all this progression out the window and pretend they haven't learned a damn thing over the years.

Yeah, people just can't seem to let the doom days go. Well, okey, then - maybe theres about 0.5% chance they'll do it... But thats it, i think.

Seems almost weird that after all this time with little to no news at all, suddenly they're on their way to the studio and are gonna update us about the process, giving out a lot of details as they go along.

Its gonna be really exiting to follow the progression!

PLEASE stop about the return to doom and growling.
I'm willing to take major bashing if I'm wrong, but it's damn annoying when you don't respect the ongoing progression of this band

I do respect the progression of the band, and their later material beats their older stuff 10 fold, I was just speculating at what the "big surprises" could be.

This news is like JESUS RETURNING!! or Even better!

For me the waiting until October/November will not be too hard because at least now we know what's going on. The hardest waiting was since last August 2008 for some solid news!

Damn, I love this band though:)