new album

There's enough unexplored on the 6-string that you don't need a 7-string to do weird stuff. Plus, heaviness is not a function of how low your notes are.

im not saying it is.. im jsut saying iw ould like to see them experiment on a seven string.. fuckk. i mean why not? who knows how it will sound? i dont think it should just be shut out becasue how other bands play 7 strings.. granted it can sound shitty at times

Bored said:
prometheus is black metal..
since you apparently need it spelled out for you...this is what black metal is:

burzum - hvis lysett tar oss
darkthrone - a blaze in the northern sky
mayhem - de mysteriis dom sathanas
emperor - in the nightside eclipse
graveland - carpathian wolves

on another note: i agree with hondo...Opeth doesnt need to explore the 7 string territory...the low B string would be too unprecise for Opeths playing style in my opinion as well.

i still think prometheus belongs in the category of black metal. but whatever.. and baout the 7 string.. it cant hurt to try/experiment. thats what opeth is about. on a complelety offtopic subject, theres this wierd death metal band with a parrot as their vocalist.. yes a real live parrot theyre called hatebeak! hahah check out these links , one is info about the band and the other is a full song..
http://www.reptilianrecords.com/reptilian/hatebeek.html
http://mirror.randomfoo.net/boingbo... Beak of Putrefaction - God of Empty Nest.mp3

LordHypnos said:
since you apparently need it spelled out for you...this is what black metal is:

burzum - hvis lysett tar oss
darkthrone - a blaze in the northern sky
mayhem - de mysteriis dom sathanas
emperor - in the nightside eclipse
graveland - carpathian wolves

on another note: i agree with hondo...Opeth doesnt need to explore the 7 string territory...the low B string would be too unprecise for Opeths playing style in my opinion as well.

Sooooo...what would you call Prometheus?

Hypnos, if I understand you correctly you're saying that black metal may as well be considered Prometheus without the symphony?

And yeah, haha, the IQ dropped around like July I think when the banned all the SOT people. That's why I haven't posted here since.

coolsnow7 said:
Hypnos, if I understand you correctly you're saying that black metal may as well be considered Prometheus without the symphony?

And yeah, haha, the IQ dropped around like July I think when the banned all the SOT people. That's why I haven't posted here since.

no. i spelled it out pretty well up there, if you cant figure it out, then thats tough luck.

until our species returns to hunting and gathering, or at least, self-sustaining agriculture, we will have people with the free time to come up with stuff like caninus....and people like me to comment on it on the internet.
i like beer.

Alternative 3 said:
I have emperors first album it is shitty (quality) it was a waste of money. Never got into black metal, or death metal for that matter.

It took me a while to like, but it really is a great album. There's something that feels relaxed about the whole thing, even parts that should feel oppositely. I think it's the muddiness/wetness of the production combined with Faust's drumming.

I dont mind a bit of expirementation in music, unless it envolves Nu-metal, but i dont think Opeth need to use a 7 string to improve there music. Personaly i think there are fine as they are. But if they did i am sure it would still sound good!!