New Amp! Peavey Windsor with Clips!

That sounds awesome, I actually think I might prefer the windsor on its own over the windsor 5150 combo, comes across a bit clearer.

Thanks for the clip, heaviest sound I've heard from the windsor and it has sealed the deal, I am buying one of these the second I have the cash together.

GREAT tone dude!!

could you post just the guitars with the 5150 and windsor?

:OMG:

That settles it. I'm buying it. Those clips sound great! I also have an Avatar cab, so I think I should get a pretty damn good tone! Do you have a basic idea of what the settings were?

EDIT: Nevermind, the pic show it :p

Losingreality, what song is that btw? Something you've wrote? Or a cover? I've been listening to the clip all day for the riff's as much as the tone and would love to hear the full song.

^ yea man its somthing i wrote....working on it lately.....its not anywhere near done yet....what you hear is what i got for it so far.

I will post the Guitars alone for the windsor/5150 clip tomorrow sometime.....im a firefighter, and work 24 on 24 off....so i wont be home till the morning.

LeSedna....you mean my 5150? If so its the 60W normal 5150 combo, i cut it up and made it into a head.

No, I know there is a combo Windsor, and I was asking myself if this is the same model ("the 5150 copy") or another model that would be more destined to be a clean amp. Because if I'm right, it's a 15w what makes me think it's not the same.

Because if that combo IS the equivalent of that head, I have to buy it. I just checked, it is a 15W tube combo, with master volume.

I listened to some test samples, and they sucked so much. It's always the same with guitar/amp test. If only there were a decent producer explaining them how to record guitars !

I'm falling in love with its gain. It's not the 5150, but still interesting. I found the whole used stack for 380 euros (head + 412). Too bad I can't for the moment.

also, does the head have an attenuator as the combo does ? Because 120W is too much for me, in apartment.

I don't think so, but if you take 2 of the power amp tubes out it will run at 60w.

My head is 100 watts.....yea its got an attenuator on it.

Really? According to all catalogs ive read the head only got a master volume?
And it says on Peaveys website that only the Windsor Studio comes with a power sponge?

I don't think so, but if you take 2 of the power amp tubes out it will run at 60w.

Really? According to all catalogs ive read the head only got a master volume?
And it says on Peaveys website that only the Windsor Studio comes with a power sponge?

The texture knob is the attn......It says it rolls off the power tubes as you turn it back....i had it on full power for this clip.

The texture knob is the attn......It says it rolls off the power tubes as you turn it back....i had it on full power for this clip.

The texture knob is to switch the amp between class A and A/B.. completely different from a power soak.
The texture knob alters the distortion and tone of the amp, and even though it will control the output of the amp to some extent, its not nearly as efficient as a power soak, where you can get your power amp tubes smoking at bedroom levels.