New Amp! Peavey Windsor with Clips!

The texture knob is to switch the amp between class A and A/B.. completely different from a power soak.
The texture knob alters the distortion and tone of the amp, and even though it will control the output of the amp to some extent, its not nearly as efficient as a power soak, where you can get your power amp tubes smoking at bedroom levels.

+1

It's not a soak, it does pretty much what it says it does: changes the texture of the attack and sustain.

^ K.

Windsor: All settings go to 12....lol
High gain input
Preamp volume: 7 1/2
Bass 10
Mid 7 1/2
Treb 8
Boost OFF
Master volume on 5
Res 10
Pres 6
Texture all the way clockwise.

TS9 (in oclocks)
Drive--9oclock
Level--FULL
Tone 11 oclock

Cab was Avatar vintage 4x12 with V-30s---Mic'ed with 1 SM57 right off center---into Profire 610 into Cubase Studio 4
Only EQ on guitars was Hi and lo pass at 60 and 12500

5150 settings---TS9 drive lowered to 0-- same mic'ing and cab set up. I think i found the sweet spot on my cab....im not touching it! haha

DSCN3461.jpg

To be on the opposite...:heh:

Tried this thing out today an put it out after 5 Minutes.
To me it sounded like total cheap crap.

Don't wangt to blame your recordings. They rock.
But in the store...:yuk:

Tried the 2203 JCM800 next to it and it totally slayed the Peavey.
What a pity, the Peavey would be a great bang for the buck. For me it wasn't.

Cheers, Hogan.

To be on the opposite...:heh:

Tried this thing out today an put it out after 5 Minutes.
To me it sounded like total cheap crap.

Don't wangt to blame your recordings. They rock.
But in the store...:yuk:

Tried the 2203 JCM800 next to it and it totally slayed the Peavey.
What a pity, the Peavey would be a great bang for the buck. For me it wasn't.

Cheers, Hogan.

How loud did you have it? The amp really sucks at low volumes, but once you get the master up pretty high it rocks. What cab, too? The stock Peavey cabs are really shitty...

Not ultraloud. Don't like it playing so loud at musicstores so everybody can hear it :Smug:

I had at it at 3 on the master and for a few chords a bit higher.
Sounded a bit like a solidstate amp to me. Very artificial.
The JCM800 wasn't even louder and slayed it.
Maybe it works for 90% of the guys who buy it, but for me it doesnt :( ...and I'm a peavey nerd. ;-)

Did you put an overdrive in front of it? Pretty much essential for that amp. FWIW, it does sound like crap without one. But, with a nice Maxon OD808 set to full volume & near zero OD, it fucking kills.

220 sounds almost scary. I am looking for a nice heavy rock tone. I might have someone buy this for me as a trade for some web junk/help.

More clips! ;)