New ampsim: TSE X30

I need some feedback before it's no way back :p Here is some sort of a beta version of the next update..

Changes:
- re-modeled basically the whole thing (load lines/response, "analog-equivalent" filters, etc)
- New algorithm for the softclipping/compression part of the triode(12ax7), huge improvement in terms of artifact/occilation-reduction
- Implemented the exponential response of audiotapers(potentiometer) on Gain/Bass/Treble knobs (instead of using linear response which was wrong:p )
- Improved the Trafo button for a "tighter touch"
- Fixed the 'Contour' button to shift the frequency as it should

Some of you may hate it, and some may even love it :p Remember that your old settings won't work on this one without a bit of tweaking because of the way the new knobs work ...
The link won't work forever, so grab it while it's hot :p
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1369729/plugins/TSE_X30_v1.5beta.dll

Please try it out and let me know if it feels better to play with ;)
- John

You don't need to replace it, I change the unique ID everytime I update .. I'm not sure if the old tones will load or not, but they will defenitely be a little off to what you heard when you saved your settings :p
Oh, btw, this is not an official release.. :p

Edit: Sorry, I had to upload the file again .. I screwed up the high end ... haha..

It literally feels amazing to play this thing, onqel! I had the feeling this was sounding even better than the previous version, but haven't had a chance to run a comparison yet. Thanks! :)

Yeah I have looked at 4 different Savage schematics.. They leave out capacitors and resistors in between the tubes, without knowing what they are I could spend months guessing :p 1 resistor or capacitor left out is enough to change the whole tone/response of the amp... but thanks anyway ;)

There are no filters, and the loading of the tubes are way too high :p It's a known fact that Engl screws up their schematics to avoid cloning..

Onqel you can definately start on a new project, this is so much better than the previous versions. The controls are so much better and the "string attack" is way more prominent. It sounds so organic and lifelike, much fatter too. The muddyness/woofyness is gone and the bass knob behaves like it should.

I'm amazed :D

Onqel you can definately start on a new project, this is so much better than the previous versions. The controls are so much better and the "string attack" is way more prominent. It sounds so organic and lifelike, much fatter too. The muddyness/woofyness is gone and the bass knob behaves like it should.

I'm amazed :D

Thanks :saint: It took me a while, but yeah, it's starting to sound like I hoped it will :kickass: I feel more secure now on how I should approach a new schematic/amp ..

You're not bothering me ;)
All of them is simplified ;) The E530 schematic looks the same way, but I found a reverse-engineered one a year ago :lol:

I think you should rent or borrow a Savage, open it up and check the stuff you are unsure about ;) ...shouldn't take THAT much time (if you know how to do it). Also actually having the amp there will probably simplify the modelling process in terms of you knowing how it sounds, feels, smells etc.

Is it just me or does the beta TSE eat CPU like hell?

when did you download it? i noticed that bug after i uploaded it..and i reuploaded it again 14hrs ago or something... sorry, but could you try to download it again?