New ampsim: TSE X30

Hey onqel,

Is it me or is 1.03 release a has some cpu usage issues? I'm using an old computer (P4 1.7), and the cpu usage hits 400 percent and locks my system after a while in mono mode. It's not instant, but after few minutes of jamming the thing goes crazy. 1.02 version only used 10 percent and there were no problems what so ever. I was wondering if this is a general issue?

I'm using Reaper, by the way.

Hmm.. I'm gonna look into that, i guess it's time to find the guitar ;) Did/Does this happen when you play, or when the amp is "idle" ? and is this the sse2 or x86 version?

Ah, denormal problem again :\ sorry, I will fix it immidiately !

Should be working normally now.. please confirm this.. ;)

onqel, i have a mac, and some VST plugin writing experience.

if you need any help porting, or would like me to do it, i'd be more than happy to help! (OS X still needs a free VST impulse loader, however..)

thanks,

dcdanman: Thanks, but no thanks ;) I'm waiting for the right time to do the Mac version, and it isn't right just yet.. I need to be able to follow up that development, and that is hard with a 3rd party involved.. I have been looking into the vmware + os x solution and it looks promising

I can't out which dll in 1.03 I should be using since the last version was named NO_SSE and the new one is simply named SSE. what's the _x86 mean?

ah right, well the offer is there if you ever change your mind! :)

i'll give this a try in windows soon, it sounds pretty sick!

fifth horseman: LAConvolver is an audiounit, which cubase mac wont run! :(

thanks,

I can't out which dll in 1.03 I should be using since the last version was named NO_SSE and the new one is simply named SSE. what's the _x86 mean?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that..
x86 is the standard version
and the SSE2 is the version that is supposed to be more efficient on SSE2 compatible machines

ever notice that lecab1.0 sometimes messes up and switches your external loaded impulse with the stock internal one?

Sometimes in Reaper, when I load a project up, it will have switched impulses back ( though it shows to still be loaded) and I have to reload the catharis or guitarhack impulse.
:erk:

Other than that, I love the x-30!!! And the new version only uses about 1%cpu.

ever notice that lecab1.0 sometimes messes up and switches your external loaded impulse with the stock internal one?

Yeah I've noticed a problem now and then with LeCab in Reaper, but I've always been too busy and forgot to tell LePou.. I've had problems with one of the impulses I'm usually using, Engl cab impulse... So LePou, if you read this, LeCab is great!! but you have to solve some issues with high samplerate impulses;)

Yea, I've been having some problems with LeCab in Vegas too. Sometimes if the track is solo'd and I hit play, LeCab goes silent and won't let any sound through. I haven't figured out the right pattern for why it does it, but it's happened several times. For the time being I've gone back to Voxengo for loading impulses until it's resolved.

I don´t no why i can´t load the plug-in. I always have to activate the plug manually in the information list (Cubase sx3). If i click on it in my project it don´t pop up. It happens absolutely nothing. What i recognized is that cubase doesen´t categorize it like effect or fx or something. Same in Reaper and Wavelab. Could it be a sofware failure or a mainboard chipset thing whatever? I have an AMD XP 2200+... Please i need help, any suggestions?

I don´t no why i can´t load the plug-in. I always have to activate the plug manually in the information list (Cubase sx3). If i click on it in my project it don´t pop up. It happens absolutely nothing. What i recognized is that cubase doesen´t categorize it like effect or fx or something. Same in Reaper and Wavelab. Could it be a sofware failure or a mainboard chipset thing whatever? I have an AMD XP 2200+... Please i need help, any suggestions?
It is recognized perfectly in Reaper for me. Are you sure you are not copying both the SSE and the no-SSE dlls? You should be copying only one. If that is not the case, have you tried both versions? (SSE and no-SSE)