New ampsim: TSE X30

Onqel...fantastic job, Really love this one. This really is the best sim out right now, just awesome!

The cpu hit isnt to bad, again if thats what makes it sound as good as it does.

Ive read this thread 3 times now and excuse my ignorance but...could you or someone please explain how the stereo thing works, Im totally confused on whats being said here. Sorry Im a Noob...but Im getting the feeling that maybe the 8-10 instances Im running of TSE X30 for double tracked rhythms,verses,leads, little background noises, etc,etc, is completely unnecessary now??? Basically I load TSS, TSE X30, Lecab, EQ, Everytime for every guitar track recorded, but I do use different settings and cabs for almost every instance, Sometimes. Im guessing theres a better way???

Anyway...Great job!!!

if you dont wanna take the CPU hit, freeze tracks as you finish. at least its called freeze in Sonar.. it basically takes the plugins in the effects bin and applies it to the wave form and bypasses the effects. so you hear what you would hear if you had the effects being rendered in real-time on an unaffected dry wave form, with no cpu usage used because fx are bypassed

not sure why, but I can't get it started in Reaper, it's not even displayed in the fx folder in Reaper (and I put the .dll in the right folder...)
I am running Reaper on my laptop with Windows 7.

edit:
forget what I said, problem solved, not sure what happend but it works now.

Great ampsim dude!

I personaly own an E530 and the vst seems to sound and respond like the real thing! I can't wait to get my ENGL home to make some A/Bs.

1st post: Hi guys!:Smokedev:

Great ampsim dude!

I personaly own an E530 and the vst seems to sound and respond like the real thing! I can't wait to get my ENGL home to make some A/Bs.

1st post: Hi guys!:Smokedev:

Welcome ! Record the line out, put an analyzer on the tracks and A/B them. You will be surprised how close they are.

Any word for us poor mac users?

I'm willing and able to be a test subject like many others....

PM me if I can help in any way. Thanks.

I will look into making a Mac version, but I don't have one to test/work on .. I don't know if it's Apple's fault, but it seems like they're making a hard time for developers wanting to port their program to their OS.. Why won't you do yourself a favor and get a PC? :p I will see what I can do, but as said before, it's not a priority at the moment :loco:

This is exactly why I built my own PC DAW. I've been a MAC guy for over 15 years and 2 years ago, I built my own PC to run Protools. Easy to get tons of free plugins and my smokin machine cost around $1200.00 compared to $4000.00 in a new MAC tower.

PS. I tried out this amp sim... HOLY BEJESUS! Sounds amazing, so much that I'm remixing all my tunes with it. And that's easy since I've been recording direct using the Nick Crow 7170/TS9 and Boogex. So now I'm swapping it out and rockin!

Amazing at how it sounds so much more full compared to the Nick Crow.

ps. If you using Protools, just get FXpansion vst wrapper. Load the TSE into there and it's smooth sailing.

I know everyone is asking alot of you, but do you have a rough date one when a Mac version may become available if ever?
2,3 weeks, months, years?

I've held off on downloading this b/c I honestly thought that this would be a one trick pony, and not at all suited for me. Holy shitballs was I wrong. So easy to dial in and extremely versatile. A large variety of excellent distorted tones can be coaxed out of this baby. Major props on a job well done. This and Poulin's Hybrit have me actually enjoying playing with a plugin and not wasting my time turning virtual knobs trying to find something even remotely usable.

Argh, I just came back from the studio, would have loved to test it right away... I probably won't be there until Sunday. :(

So, what did you fix?
And another 20% off the CPU usage makes me a happy panda! (That would mean with the new version I can put Electri-Q on all lead guitar tracks again without overloading my CPU. :D )

onqel: The new version is working perfectly in Sonar 8.5. With the previous version I had some instability issues when using the 64bit engine on export. However, this verson is rock solid and stable, and I think it even sounds slightly better as well!

Thank you so much for this amazing sim!

Fifth Horseman : Among many things I fixed an issue with the antialias filter.. it was unstable and occillating, and the new filter doesn't screw with the phase so much.. I believe that was/is the reason Erkan hates the ampsim ;) need a confirmation on that one though ;)