New ampsim: TSE X30

Just guitar straight into the ADC/DAC2000 at a reasonable signal strength.
The signal is not distorted at all. Then it goes directly to the TSE and SIR2 and then towards the output channels to my normal stereo amp. (no compression/eq-ing or whatever)

* Life is a hard being a sound noob *

I googled the ADC-DAC 2000 and looked at its tech specs and could NOT see anything about any proper hi-z guitar input on it...

You can't just plug a guitar into a normal mic input and expect to have a good signal for ampsims or reamping.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/290714-preparing-your-tracks-reamping-guide.html

I googled the ADC-DAC 2000 and looked at its tech specs and could NOT see anything about any proper hi-z guitar input on it...

You can't just plug a guitar into a normal mic input and expect to have a good signal for ampsims or reamping.

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/production-tips/290714-preparing-your-tracks-reamping-guide.html

Thanks for the reaction; i will stop here cluttering this topic now.
I did the tone competion tracks with the TSE & SIR and they are wonderfull.
There is something really wrong with my base signal although the spectrum analysis and my ears do not see/hear it. (ps. it's a mic input indeed; but it is hi-z) Thanks again. :headbang:

Thanks for the reaction; i will stop here cluttering this topic now.
I did the tone competion tracks with the TSE & SIR and they are wonderfull.
There is something really wrong with my base signal although the spectrum analysis and my ears do not see/hear it. (ps. it's a mic input indeed; but it is hi-z) Thanks again. :headbang:

Do you use one of the first 2 inputs with preamps ? I get some heavy DC offset when I go directly into the 2000, maybe that`s your problem as well....
Now I go with a DI box into mixer and then into the 2000 and the signal is better. Haven`t tried using the DI and then directly in, I think the mixers preamps are better.

Do you use one of the first 2 inputs with preamps ? I get some heavy DC offset when I go directly into the 2000, maybe that`s your problem as well....
Now I go with a DI box into mixer and then into the 2000 and the signal is better. Haven`t tried using the DI and then directly in, I think the mixers preamps are better.

Indeed i did. But there was hardly a dc offset. But i did the same thing as you already and added a preamp before the 2000 (and then use channel 3 as input). It does seem to work better :kickass:

I recommend everyone to download the plugin again .. It's as fast as I can make it now, without modifying the triode model..
The plugin file/version has still the same name, but it's improved :p

DaWolf: Do you have time to make a skin for a poweramp ? I would like to have/make a standalone poweramp sim..

I recommend everyone to download the plugin again .. It's as fast as I can make it now, without modifying the triode model..
The plugin file/version has still the same name, but it's improved :p

DaWolf: Do you have time to make a skin for a poweramp ? I would like to have/make a standalone poweramp sim..

Sure,`I can do it. Just pm me some details.

I dont see the real advantage of the stereo version. Let´s see an example, I run the stereo version into a group but then I have to run also a program like voxengo boogex to load an inpulse. So far the advantage of this is the Cpu reduction but as most impulses are in mono and we have to run the impulses before the ampsim we will lose the stereo, isn´t that right? Maybe I'm missing something.

I dont see the real advantage of the stereo version. Let´s see an example, I run the stereo version into a group but then I have to run also a program like voxengo boogex to load an inpulse. So far the advantage of this is the Cpu reduction but as most impulses are in mono and we have to run the impulses before the ampsim we will lose the stereo, isn´t that right? Maybe I'm missing something.

LePous lacab lets you load two impulses panned wherever.

You can run LeCab on a stereo group. Stereo VSTs are awesome. You can tweak the amp sim as you like monitoring it doubletracked on real time. You don´t have to match the amp sim settings on all tracks everytime you change a knob. IMO, stereo mode isn´t just a luxury, it´s a must.

Don't you guys treat each take slightly differently even if you use the same amp for both takes ?

Onqel...fantastic job, Really love this one. This really is the best sim out right now, just awesome!

The cpu hit isnt to bad, again if thats what makes it sound as good as it does.

Ive read this thread 3 times now and excuse my ignorance but...could you or someone please explain how the stereo thing works, Im totally confused on whats being said here. Sorry Im a Noob...but Im getting the feeling that maybe the 8-10 instances Im running of TSE X30 for double tracked rhythms,verses,leads, little background noises, etc,etc, is completely unnecessary now??? Basically I load TSS, TSE X30, Lecab, EQ, Everytime for every guitar track recorded, but I do use different settings and cabs for almost every instance, Sometimes. Im guessing theres a better way???

Anyway...Great job!!!

You can create a guitar bus (or a folder in Reaper) that you route two DI (dry) signals to.. one panned hard to the left, and the other one to the right.. then you load LeCab and load an impulse for each of them and pan them where you want them inside LeCab.. so.. you can use 1 instance of TSE X30 for two guitars, but you get the same cpu load as if you loaded two instances.. but if you need different settings on each of the plugins I would suggest you do it old style ;)