New ampsim: TSE X30

thanks!

guitar chain is TSE X30 into catharsis impulses, some eq and high/lowpass. drums are S2.0 metal foundry, kick and snare are blended with slate samples.

wow thats it? how many tracks of guitar? and what impulses if you dont mind me asking

no compression or other pluigins on the guitars or drums? everything sounds very alive. my take sounds more dull and not as in your face. i'd love to achieve similar results as you do..

http://music.megagoo.com/riffing-11-9-09a.mp3

used two tracks of tse x30, lecab with 2 impulses loaded. s2.0 metal foundry (no bass guitar). playing isnt tight in some spots.

Fucking outstanding work, Onqel. This is literally the first amp sim that does not sound like a fat flubby turd without a TS9 or similar in front of it. The pick attack is very natural, responsive, and realistic. Major kudos for your time investment and I hope everyone coughs up a buck or two in your behalf.

Said it before and I'll say it again. This amp is by far the best I've tried, and I have tried them ALL.

I have a very modest setup (1.6Ghz single core chip) and I really don't get any CPU problems from it until I load up other plugins.

This amp really is a boon to me, I finally have a tone I am happy with and it's inspiring me to compose with guitar for once instead of just screwing with MIDI...

Onqel and this amp rock! :headbang:

there is a paypal link on the website for those who want to donate..

thanks for all the good reviews! it inspires me to continue doing this!

Yep, Frankzappa for sure is a compliment, sorry if my english is a mess...

emdproduk what a power test:headbang: fucking amazing

I´m going to put my test into the other thread

there is nothing special in my guitar chain. no compression, nothing. two tracks hard panned. impulse is... as usual... s_preshigh. I just fiddled around for a couple of minutes till it sounded good. that's it. and that's what you should do. play around!

for drums: I started with the "metall" preset made by thordendal. went from there, tweaked a bit, added slate samples to the kick and snare.

I did this test in 20 minutes so there is really no further tweaking. I did a quick, unprofessional master after exporting it.

did an update: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2932654/amptestexport1.wav
(new versions, some tweaks on the amp, new master... some more riffs :))

there is nothing special in my guitar chain. no compression, nothing. two tracks hard panned. impulse is... as usual... s_preshigh. I just fiddled around for a couple of minutes till it sounded good. that's it. and that's what you should do. play around!

for drums: I started with the "metall" preset made by thordendal. went from there, tweaked a bit, added slate samples to the kick and snare.

I did this test in 20 minutes so there is really no further tweaking. I did a quick, unprofessional master after exporting it.

man this automatically makes me get metal foundry, sounds really amazing! don't put any other thing on yer chain, it sounds amazing just as is! :kickass::kickass::kickass: best clip of the month for me

First of all, thanks for the awesome ampsim. ReValver 6505 and Wagner Sharp have been tied as my favorite for the past year but this took their place :)

I know it's a long shot, but I'm an computer engineer and I'd love to know some of your secrets, any plans to go open source? or perhaps just write up some information on your modeling technologies and such. I know it would garner a lot of interest because this really is the future of guitar amplification (as a mainstream technology, there'll always be tubes, blabla, no flaming me!).... and you just raised the bar significantly! :)

sounds awesome. which guitar and pickups?