New Anathema Song - Angels Walk Among Us

:zzz:

I hope this is not what to expect from the rest. It doesn't really do anything for me. So far a simple mistake is the only song that held any interest..well everything is nice too, but nothing I would go out of my way to listen to.

Also notice they're doing a whole dark side of the moon monologue homage thingy.

http://www.anathema.ws/

I've heard 7 demosongs + the liverecording of "Angels Walk Among Us" wich is pretty good. But I didnt like the demo very much at all,
its pretty booring. Not much guitars left in their sound, too much effects, even on the vocals.
A Simple Mistake is the best one imo and even that one is pretty booring. :(
Hope the real record is better.

I went through, and listened to all the cds from alt 4 on last night. Such amazing masterpieces. Its astounding this band didn't hit big with a fine day to exit. They really deserve more recognition. I really hope this cd is just as good as the last 4, and that hearing all the songs together will bring a new understanding to these tracks. I know they said the new one would be "uplifting" so this might not be their strongest suite, although they said it was going to be their best work yet so time will tell, but from the look of things this is highly doubtful.

Angels Walk Among Us is beautiful. I've also heard Everything and A Simple Mistake, as well as live versions of No One Is Free and Ann Further (or Thin Air, still not quite sure what the official title is yet). The 3 songs on Anathema's website are amazing; I can't wait to hear the final versions of No One Is Free and Ann Further. If this is any indicator of the rest of the album, then this will definately be one of the top 10 albums of 2008 for me.

I just heard steven wilson would produce the new cd "paradigm shift." Things are definitely starting to look up on this record plus being that the two are currently on tour is a good sign.

So it's called Paradigm Shift now, last I heard it was Everything. I haven't really been keeping up with the new Anathema stuff. Either way, Steven Wilson producing this album is a good sign. I can hardly wait.