Anathema without deal to record new album

salient said:
Those very talented guys, maybe choose this labels if their management and big shots want to do it contract:
The End Records
Prophecy Records
:worship:
with their recent direction, they're probably shooting for something like EMI or sony

p.s. i agree with anyone who thinks anathema has sucked schlong since after "judgement"... "pulled under at 2000 m/s" was cool though but it mainly pisses me off... if you CAN write good songs still then why DON'T YOU WRITE A WHOLE GOD DAMN ALBUM OF THEM MAYHAPS

Erik said:
with their recent direction, they're probably shooting for something like EMI or sony

p.s. i agree with anyone who thinks anathema has sucked schlong since after "judgement"... "pulled under at 2000 m/s" was cool though but it mainly pisses me off... if you CAN write good songs still then why DON'T YOU WRITE A WHOLE GOD DAMN ALBUM OF THEM MAYHAPS

And some of these people don't seem to understand anything, especially if they think Pulled Under was the best song of their recent albums :Smug:

Cerulean said:
And some of these people don't seem to understand anything, especially if they think Pulled Under was the best song of their recent albums :Smug:

Yeah, A Natural Disaster took a lot of time to grow, but now it's one of my favourite albums. The mood is so special, it's so soft yet heavy, beautiful and sad.

Of course you can say this about nearly every other Anathema album. :headbang:

The only one of their albums i own is The Silent Enigma. Im not all that into that album. iv heard their newer stuff tho and i prefer it. hard to track down their albums around wher i live tho. Hope they get through this difficulty.

They were my favorite band around when Judgement was out, then they took a nosedive. AFDtE had a few really good songs but A Natural Disaster was really boring, maybe it was too many obvious outside influences like Radiohead or just lack of the songwriting genious they held in their past. I for one don't hold much hope for the bands future recording but I also hope that I'm proven wrong.

insidethefall said:
They were my favorite band around when Judgement was out, then they took a nosedive. AFDtE had a few really good songs but A Natural Disaster was really boring, maybe it was too many obvious outside influences like Radiohead or just lack of the songwriting genious they held in their past. I for one don't hold much hope for the bands future recording but I also hope that I'm proven wrong.
I totally agree.

AFDTE has some excellent moments/songs, but A Natural Disaster does its title a bit too much justice i.m.o.. What I miss are songs, structured songs, not soundscapes/improvisations that start, never really get underway and then just fade out again after 5 minutes...

Also, the last few times (last time was in April last year, supporting Porcupine Tree) I saw them live they just plain sucked. To the point I almost felt offended how they dared to put up such a crappy show as they did, playing so sloppy, totally ruining the songs, especially the older ones (Fragile Dreams!).

Anyway, they still hold a special place in my heart for their older albums and it's that which keeps my hopes up for their future material, I know they have it in them, now let's see if they manage to get it out..

Divatkreació said:
What? Free. Why? Unfair.
It's some national day ("remebrance day") So there are all kinds of things to do in Wageningen, including some gigs (mostly complete crap)
but the gig is free cause it's pretty much right on the streets...