New Anathema album...

damond said:
they try to sell more cd's by playing music that doesn't suit them.they said they wanted something simpler.compare the new cd with Judgement which was recorded almost live.....where are songs like "deep","forgotten hopes","make it right","judgement","anyone,anywhere","one last goodbye"???????????

Doesn't "Flying" fits there, well I only had listened 4 complete songs can't say more :erk:

I listened to it yesterday and as a first listenting i must say I was positively impress...I´m not so fond of those effects on vocals in some songs, but on the whole the album seems really good. and the artwork is fantastic:)

all of you people that like anathema, why don't you visit the forum then. it's really nice, we have lots of fun and don't take things too seriously. join us.

:Spin:

'AND' is not bad, still lightyears away from masterpieces like f.e. 'Eternity' or 'Silent Enigma' but far superior to the (imo) somehow radioheadish-crappy 'AFDTE'. My classification:

1. 'Eternity' 10/10
2. 'Silent Enigma' 9/10
3. 'Pentecost', 'Alternative 4' 8/10
4. 'Serenades', 'Crestfallen', 'Judgement' 7/10
5. 'A Natural Disaster' 6/10
6. 'A Fine Day To Exit' 4/10

Its interesting it cannot be a bad album as I don't like bad music, usually either its rubbish or not and although the new Anathema album maybe a bit open in places it has regained a lot more atmosphere than the bands boring last attempt, I think it should be interesting to see where they go next, as that will undoubtably define them as to the bands journey.

Crack Hitler these forumsare here no doubt to talk about the bands, so you can go out and say to yourself "either buy the album or don't" but we choose to discuss them, you obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed cos this isn't an arguement its a point of view.

Beautiful album, to be sure. The atmosphere, feeling & 'vibe' that this record brings is pure god.

My ratings:
1) Alt 4 - 10/10
2) AND - 10/10
3) Eternity - 9/10
4) Judgement - 9/10
5) AFDTE - 8/10 (although it contains my FAV Anathema tune - 'Temp Peace')
6) Enigma - 6/10
7) Pentecost - 5/10
8) Serenades - 3/10

My ratings:

1. Judgement - 10

2. A Fine Day to Exit - 8.5

3. Alternative 4 - 8

4. Eternity - 4 (I'll admit I think of this as "Angelica" and a bunch of other crap)

5. Silent Enigma - 3.5

6. Pentecost III - 2

7. Serenades - 2

8. Disaster - 0.5

strangedays said:
Crack Hitler these forumsare here no doubt to talk about the bands, so you can go out and say to yourself "either buy the album or don't" but we choose to discuss them
Now I'm not getting this. Of my 16-line-reply you picked two last lines, where I just critised someone d/l:n a whole album. Surely you don't think it's recommended thing to do to download an album even tho the real thing is already on the store shelves?
But before my last statement, what else did I do but 'discuss about a band and album'? I wasn't the one putting the band down just because I happened to hear some radiohead influence in one song, now was I?

you obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bed cos this isn't an arguement its a point of view.
what does this even mean? :err:

Hypnos said:
'AND' is not bad, still lightyears away from masterpieces like f.e. 'Eternity' or 'Silent Enigma' but far superior to the (imo) somehow radioheadish-crappy 'AFDTE'. My classification:

1. 'Eternity' 10/10
2. 'Silent Enigma' 9/10
3. 'Pentecost', 'Alternative 4' 8/10
4. 'Serenades', 'Crestfallen', 'Judgement' 7/10
5. 'A Natural Disaster' 6/10
6. 'A Fine Day To Exit' 4/10

my thoughts exactly.... see http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120907

i havent listened to alternative 4 :eek:

im going to buy a Natural Disaster on saturday, but couldnt resist until then and Im downloading it right now... the reviews ive read this have made me anxious... i hope theyre not trying TOO hard to sound like radiohead, i thought a fine day to exit had a bit of that already

I've finally got my so long waited copy of "A Natural Disaster" right a couple of days ago and I like it very much. First time I listened to the new album, I was quite impressed by "Pulled under at 2000 metres a second", as well as by the last instrumental track "Violence"... mainly I'm too much old style, but these couple are killer songs and even the lyrix of "Pulled..." are great...
Something in this album reminds me of a "A fine day to exit", as the first song "Harmonium" or "Flying" and something even the past Anathema.
"Childhood Dream" sounds very original, with its guitars almost mediterranean and even "Are you there?" is interesting. Danny's voice is pretty good I think, but I continue to prefer Vincent.

By the way, probably my fave album ever of Anathema remains "Alternative 4", though I've to say that even "Eternity" is a must, as well as "Judgement".

... freedom is only a hallucination that waits at the edge of the places you when you dream...