New Anathema album...

Well I don't want to irritate anyones opinions so Crack Hitler my last shot was just cos I really like the new album....

This and Viva have to be my current favourites, the problem is, although I like a good set of screamy vocals is that a lot of bands scream away forgetting to move a genre fowared enough.. dont quote me on this but any good recomendations point my way please!!(except for good old "At The Gates" (brilliant))

It could be said however that Anethema are treading close to Radiohead and Coldplay but these are some of the best bands that have made a decent living out of music, Anathema have provided us with a lot of quality albums, it sounds like its all come together to form something for everyone, which I consider to be a triumph.

Now Katatonia haven't exactly stayed true to one sound and this is what makes them a fantastic band, their development and creativity has pushed the boundries of gothic music. Whats amazing with them is that I can sit there and listen to every last album (except DODS, which credit for quality but as it stands it is separate from the pack) and still get excited about the next release.

After as many albums as Katatonia have done I doubt there is another band that can claim to have been going for as long and still pull out the rabbit from the hat.

Metallica were perhaps close but ruined it all with anything past "The Black Album".. not that the later albums were poor but they certainly were not up to standard.

Katatonia keep standards high. This is perhaps the force that will push them into a mainstream market :hotjump:

not to say that i dont like the new album though. perhaps it is because i never gave them much credit before i heard Antimatter. i have all 3 antimatter cds on rotation everyday.

so naturally when i saw that a new anathema album was coming out, i picked it up thinking i would like it. and i did, but not in the same way that i like katatonia or antimatter. the first time i heard katatonia and antimatter, i ravaged the internet to find copies of the cds to buy. however it has been almost a month since i have heard the new anathema and i have yet to search for any of the back cataloge of anathema.

dont know what that means, but you can see the difference.
hope i have shed some nightlight on this bright topic.