New Anathema Song - Angels Walk Among Us

Woah, what a night. What can i say, Anathema was AMAZING! Definitely the highlight of the night for me. I fucked up though, we went for a beer before the show and didnt arrive until 19:40 so i missed the start of their gig, we arrived in the middle of A Simple Mistake. What songs did I miss? We thought the doors opened 19.30 not that anathema would go on stage at that time. I still cant get over this.
I was blown away by them anyway, so was my friends who doesnt even listen to them. Vinnie was incredible, his voice was fucking fantastic live.
I sound like a fucking fanboy but to finally get to see them live after all these years had a greater impact on me than i thought it ever would.
They HAVE to come back to sweden and give us a proper full length gig, they fucking HAVE to.

edit: I might add that right before the break on the PT-gig mr Jonas Renkse and his girlfriend (i presume) stumbled in right infront of me and my friends. When he left he almost walked right over me, looked like he was going to kill me if i didnt move haha, he was pretttty drunk i think. :)
Didnt see Åkerfeldt but i heard that he and Mendez was there, no surprise.

Antiklimax..
Anathema was indeed great and no less..
but i have waited for 7 years for them to come to sweden, and when they do... the play for 30 minutes?! seriously..
I know the were openers, but couldnt PT have been satisfied with 2 hours instead of almost three?

well.. atleast i got the Angels walk among us hoodie..
and i got to see both Åkerfeldt, mendez, and Vinnie stood right in front of me at the pt gig :)

and i have seen anathema live.. and that itself is enough.

edit: and i saw you too Stefan :D

I know, ive waited for over 10 years too. And this is all we get, its not enough for me, its frustrating to say the least. I hope they come back soon for a headliner.
All swedes need to register at the soulreaper.net forums and tell them we want them back fo a headliner, Danny is on that forum.

heh... I thought Anathema cancelled. We arrived at 19.50 or so so I mustve missed the whole gig. 19.30 usually isnt the time the bands start playing lawl. Anyway. PT did great so im not that disappointed. And yeah, the playing times are really stranger. It's better to give Anathema around one hour and PT two. Well I gotta take some coffee for my hangover right now

PT went on stage 20:45 and the gig ended around 22:45, perhaps 22:55. That kind of makes it a two-hour gig, guys.

Great gig, some songs I would have exchanged if I could, but whaddahell, mostly top notch stuff and the performance was among the better I've seen live, in any genre.

Stopped listening to Anathema years ago, and I guess I realized why on that gig, haha. Liked the vocoder stuff though.

I were there to! Exactly infront of the bassplayer so I guess I got a nice spot :) Stefan did you wear a thin brown jacket or something like that? I wore a Blackwater Park t-shirt if anybody saw me :p

Qth you missed Fragile Dreams and Empty :/

I were there to! Exactly infront of the bassplayer so I guess I got a nice spot :) Stefan did you wear a thin brown jacket or something like that? I wore a Blackwater Park t-shirt if anybody saw me :p

Qth you missed Fragile Dreams and Empty :/

I had an Anathema - Eternity t-shirt on, and after I bought myself a FoABP t-shirt. Or maybe I did that before PT played. I was pretty wasted hah. Anathema need to do some headline gigs when they get that damn cd done

I talked to a friend this morning (Bollnäs Martin from Bandit :) ) And apparently, all of anathema, Jonas and a bunch of others had been in the bar behind the curtains almost all of the PT gig, getting drunk and having a blast..
And here i was, thinking all the pt gig "naah, ill just go drink instead.."
why didnt I?!?

I talked to a friend this morning (Bollnäs Martin from Bandit :) ) And apparently, all of anathema, Jonas and a bunch of others had been in the bar behind the curtains almost all of the PT gig, getting drunk and having a blast..
And here i was, thinking all the pt gig "naah, ill just go drink instead.."
why didnt I?!?

because pt rock yer socks. plus jonas is a big pt fan so that makes a whole lota sense right there.

"King!"
Are you from Bollnäs Hobo?

The thing is, even if I was at that bar I probably wouldnt say shit to them anyway. I met Åkerfeldt and Peter once and it was quite akward, i mean what the hell do you say? Me and pal was pretty drunk so we were probably just a pain in their ass. We laugh about it now though.

But if I saw Vincent i might have told him to come back and headline asap, and that would've been it.

No, not from Bollnäs.. I just know him anyway :)

And i know what you mean... But they seem like humble guys, and i do think they would understand a stuttering fanboys interrest non the less.
The first time i talked to Anders and Jonas i was shitty nervous, and didnt know what to say when i saw them, but it turned out to be quite an interresting discussion about albums, plans and whatever.. so i think it would be good anyway.