New Anathema song

Angrafan

Feb 26, 2002
South Florida
Visit site
Thin Air is available on this link for download: http://www.kscopemusic.com/anathema/wereherebecausewerehere/album-info.php

You just gotta sign up for the the newsletter to get the link...

Man, my expectations for the album couldn't possibly be any higher... This song has been a part of Anathema's set list for a while, I've known if for a couple of years now... But the album version is SOOOO much better, it's unreal... I can't stop listening to this one song, one of the best Anathema songs EVER. This is just beautiful music...

Highly recommended :)

Glenn,

I think it's time to give them a chance. ;)

Everyone else who aren't familiar with them or didn't care much for them,

I think it's time to give them a chance. ;)

I do know that a possible U.S. tour is in the works for early next year though.

I guess I need to find religion so I can have someone to pray to! This was a good reason for me to go back and read what I wrote about their first U.S. performance, coincidentally a decade ago this very weekend, at Milwaukee Metalfest XIV. I think it's pretty strong evidence of how great it would be if they came back over here:

============
Anathema - I own the two latest Anathema albums, and I think they’re fine pieces of work, but the band has always remained only semi-interesting to me. No longer. Seeing them perform live totally ignited my interest in the band, and now I wonder why I never noticed how great they are before. Upon arriving home I read a whole bunch of interviews and album reviews and definitely plan on getting some of their other releases. I haven’t done anything that “fanboy”-ish in a long time. So what was the powerful force that converted me? Simply their undeniable emotional presence and their uncanny ability to create a nearly tangible two-way connection between the audience and the band. The focal point of the band is singer/guitarist Vincent Cavanaugh, and while it’s difficult to compare the personal, emotional Anathema to other metal bands, I think Vincent is probably the best frontman I’ve ever seen. Anyone who doubts that Anathema is still a “metal” band only needs to see Vincent’s left hand shaking violently behind his fretboard before grabbing hold and launching into a powerful riff. His brother Danny is no slouch either, pouring his soul into each piercing guitar lead. Seeing Lector (ex-Cradle of Filth) on stage with them playing keyboards was just an added bonus. And what other band besides Anathema would be drinking bottles of wine and champagne on stage? They played two songs from Judgement (”Deep” and “One Last Goodbye”, the latter of which was the obvious highlight of the show), “Fragile Dreams” from Alternative 4, and then the rest were songs I didn’t know from their other albums. At the end of the show they found out they had 10 extra minutes to play, so they had a little conference and played Pink Floyd’s “Comfortably Numb” and then bashed through the Misfits’s “Halloween” with bassist Dave Pybus on vocals to close things. If I had been familiar with their older material, I’m sure it would have been my favorite set of the fest. From seeing other opinions around here, it seems like they had a similar effect on everyone.
============

Neil

The only word to describe the album is "Beautiful"
After having seen Anathema live last night in front of a sold out crowd here in Helsinki, I can confirm that the new songs are beautiful live too! They did most of the album live too.

Awesome show by the guys, they seemed real glad to be finally touring for the new album. But hell, they sure played a lot of stuff from their previous discography too. What a crazy 28 song setlist! No wonder the guys said on stage that it just might be their longest setlist ever. Absolutely GREAT value for the concert ticket price :worship: Plus Anneke did a great 35-40 solo set supporting them, which gave me the chills a few times too!

Just in case someone's curious about the setlist, here it is (Tavastia, Helsinki 27th of September 2010)..

1. Thin Air
2. Summernight Horizon
3. Dreaming Light
4. Everything
5. Balance
6. Closer
7. A Natural Disaster
8. Angels Walk Among Us
9. Presence
10. A Simple Mistake
11. Deep
12. Pitiless
13. Forgotten Hopes
14. Destiny Is Dead
15. Shroud of False
16. Lost Control
17. Destiny
18. Empty
19. Panic
20. Temporary Peace
21. Flying
22. Get Off, Get Out
23. Universal
24. Hindsight
25. Are You There?
26. Parisienne Moonlight
27. One Last Goodbye
28. Fragile Dreams

After having seen Anathema live last night in front of a sold out crowd here in Helsinki, I can confirm that the new songs are beautiful live too! They did most of the album live too.

Awesome show by the guys, they seemed real glad to be finally touring for the new album. But hell, they sure played a lot of stuff from their previous discography too. What a crazy 28 song setlist! No wonder the guys said on stage that it just might be their longest setlist ever. Absolutely GREAT value for the concert ticket price :worship: Plus Anneke did a great 35-40 solo set supporting them, which gave me the chills a few times too!

Just in case someone's curious about the setlist, here it is (Tavastia, Helsinki 27th of September 2010)..

1. Thin Air
2. Summernight Horizon
3. Dreaming Light
4. Everything
5. Balance
6. Closer
7. A Natural Disaster
8. Angels Walk Among Us
9. Presence
10. A Simple Mistake
11. Deep
12. Pitiless