"New" Anthrax album

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
Has anyone heard "The Greater Of Two Evils"? I've downloaded a couple of tracks and I don't like them much. "Caught In A Mosh" is slower than the original for some reason and Dan Spitz solo was much better. I thought it was a good idea to re-record the classics but maybe not...
And if you haven't heard it don't make stuff up like "Oh there's poofy intros to every song, it's soooo pretentious". :err:

Pyrus said:
I heard a few songs when I saw them live, and was very impressed...I didn't know John Bush could shriek, and the heavy crunch at the expense of speed doesn't hurt Anthrax much–their best stuff has always been the midpaced mosh riffs. I'll probably pick this up sometime.

Same here, but if you've heard Armored Saint, you'd know John's actually a pretty damn good vocalist. And it was good to know that he still is when I saw them open for Dio as well. :D :headbang:

Truthfully, I'm not even interested. My memories of Anthrax are rooted in the sound and production of their classics. I only see this as a feeble attempt to sell a few more records as they cannot write albums like they used to. They're just riding their own coat tails.

Nah, that's bullshit. "We've Come For You All" is a fucking excellent album, certainly one of their best. I don't really see the point of this new thing myself though, other than for the band to make some money and try to pretend Joey Belladona and Dan Spitz never existed.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Nah, that's bullshit. "We've Come For You All" is a fucking excellent album, certainly one of their best.

If you enjoy Creed mixed with Machine Head, then by all means.:lol:

While I didn't mind Sound Of White Noise, I haven't liked anything they did after it. I reread my post and it sounded a bit harsh but I don't see the point in re-recording classis songs unless their sales were way down and they're trying to earn even more money from their old stuff.

OH!

Tell your mother that you walked all night on Velvet Green!