New AREA 54 tracks now available!!

Raven you've got to look mean when drinking in the Fox then the pissed heads leave you be...... try it in the mirror!

NO meaner than that....

No a bit meaner...nearly there!

Man that is Mean..infact that is damn right plain Ugly!!
:D :D
only jokin'

I got my Demo in the post this morning, it's now happily sitting in my MP3 player for a few spins on the way to work.

Oh my fucking GOD

Well naturally I got number 001, and rightfully so! hehe, I am going to listen to this forever.

A Fistful Of Gravy? morelike a FISTFUL OF METALLLLLLLLLLL

I am physically pissing myself over and over again at the intro to my hate, it's so outrageously old school but in a 54 vibe that is so perfect.

Not that I'm biased or anything, but this is the greatest 10 minutes of metal in 2005 without question.

(7:00 PM) Ok I'm on play 20 or so now, I have a few thoughts:

Nu-Thrash? It's amazing I know that much! Is that Steve doing the Black Metal grim screams? And is that Laura singing? WOW beautiful! Steve I mean, Laura's ok too I guess :D After the piano intro to Losing Grip, I think a pneumatic drill starts playing blastbeat on the drums! Oh wait it's just Rob, or is that RoBot? I don't care, that is the most devastating sound I've heard that wasn't made on a drum machine (that is, as long as that intro wasn't made on a drum machine!). I didn't think he could play faster than 6 minutes into Beckoning of the End (the song not the album :D ) which is still my favourite track, but I can see the whole of album three being almost godlike.

What do you think of the sound quality, those lucky ones that have the demo in your hands, or hopefully in your CD player! I think Paul Smith has done an excellent job, although I think the clarity can still be upped a notch, especially when Lakis' singing and Steve's screaming are at the same time.

"If I am losing grip, then who will save me?" I'm close to tears hearing Losing Grip, the lyrics could have been ripped from my life since last November, it's beautiful.

I am going to have a sore neck after this one guys! CANT WAIT for these songs live, I will probably die from headbanging trauma! BRING ON ALBUM 3 NOW!

PS woohoo 69 posts! haha I'm such a child.

Hi everyone, glad you like the demo. Thanks to those that have been e-mailing me about it and I just thought I'd let you know that I'm replying to everyone from my new e-mail address which is on the contact page, but you have to check your junk mail if you've not heard back from me and add me to your safe list, cos it seems to be going there a lot.

See you all soon!

Got my copy today and just had my first listen (had an late finish last night...) and was pretty damn impressed.

Think My Hate is the stronger of the two tracks, rapid fire throughout, vocal delivered at breakneck speed.

Losing Grip, hmmmm, not quite so keen on this one. Could do with being either longer OR shorter perhaps, as it is now, it seems a bit awkward and ungainly, almost like it's two songs merged?

But these are very much first impressions so are likely to change.

:yow:
Diamond Dave said:
Got my copy today and just had my first listen (had an late finish last night...) and was pretty damn impressed.

Think My Hate is the stronger of the two tracks, rapid fire throughout, vocal delivered at breakneck speed.

Losing Grip, hmmmm, not quite so keen on this one. Could do with being either longer OR shorter perhaps, as it is now, it seems a bit awkward and ungainly, almost like it's two songs merged?

But these are very much first impressions so are likely to change.

okay okay so it's taken me something like a week to go

WWWWWWWWWWWhhoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

yeah metal all the way dudes!! (oh and Dudette! :tickled: )

guess i like it then.... yeah
My Hate is probably the stronger of the two but it is close. Losing Grip is cool, possibly a tadge on the long side but that has grown on me.
shall be inflicting this on the unweary and those that are not converts soon, also on anyone at the next 'tankfest' as we have just installed a Ghetto blaster to out Scorp Light tank , and hey guess what music we play...yep Heavy F****** Metal.....

'We rock, you will to'

keep it Rockin', Stay Metal....

pete