New Avantasia by the end of 2009...

Yay for Ernie! XD

I will never in my life understand that guy, but considering he co-invented power metal with Kai Hansen, I have no choice but to respect him. :p

Taken from Tobi's official website:

Tobias has just decided that there is too much material to put it all on one album. So the next chapter of Avantasia will be spread over two albums.

"I have always given my very best, but this new chapter in Avantasia's history is too much and too ambitious to be just a regular album. I have worked on it for years now, and it has become even more than two albums! I don't know if I will release one first, or both simultaneously, or maybe even both in one special package. It's all up to whatever label is going to release it, we'll see. The production is so massive and I have so many guests this time. It's the continuation of the "Scarecrow"-story. I knew that story would be spread out over two albums back then when we started working on it in 2006, cause we had writtem a real Rock Opera of over 20 songs even back then. But since then we kept composing, and out came even bigger and better material. Sometimes you don't have a single good idea for months, whereas at another point it just keeps flowing. "The Scarecrow" was a huge success, with that success backing me up, it's inspiring to be able to do things big time! Looking at the music industry today with all the CD burning and downloading I guess in the near future many of us traditional Rock and Metal bands won't be able to spend such a production budget, I am afraid I won't be able to afford so many guests and such a big production with orchestration and a choir and all that. That's why this production takes so much time, it may be the last big epic I will be able to afford, and I want it to be the biggest piece I have worked on so far."

So far Tobias has confirmed the following musicians to be part of the forthcoming Avantasia opus: Klaus Meine (Scorpions), Ripper Owens (ex-Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen), Eric Singer (KISS), Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Bob Catley (Magnum), Sascha Paeth, Felix Bohnke (Edguy), Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody, Sieges Even)... More guests will be confirmed soon.

So it'll probably be out next year, but man, Tobi sure know show to hype an album. Hearing that it's going to be a double album really excites me. I can't wait...

seriously this is the top of my xmas shopping list - hope it comes out this year -a double CD maybe with DVD !!! from the last tour ? now that would be nice come on Toby you can do it !!

and Kiske is back awesome !!! he adds so much to Avantasia

i really cant wait for this one !!! :headbang:

November 16, 2009
AVANTASIA - NEW TITLES REVEALED

In early 2010 the wait is going to be over: Avantasia will celebrate its comeback with a new epic masterpiece in two chapters. The two new chapters will be called "The Wicked Symphony" and "Angel Of Babylon", starring high profile guest musicians such as Sascha Paeth, Klaus Meine (Scorpions), Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Bob Catley (Magnum), Eric Singer (KISS), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody), Felix Bohnke (Edguy) and many more.

Cool titles! I wonder who else is going to make an appearance. Maybe he'll snag Timo Tolkki to do a guitar solo or two? That would be quite a treat.

Jens Johansson!

Early next year a new epic of Tobias Sammet's Avantasia project will be released in two chapters: "The Wicked Symphony" and "Angel Of Babylon". Tobias is in the studio right now, working with producer Sascha Paeth on this new "Rock Opera" which is starring musicians like Klaus Meine (Scorpions), Ripper Owens (ex-Judas Priest), Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Bob Catley (Magnum), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Eric Singer (KISS), Felix Bohnke (Edguy), Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody) and some more that will be announced soon.

The most recent contribution comes from the guy who is known amongst Metal fans all over the world as one of the best neo-classical keyboarders in the world. He was the keyboard player who fought duels with Yngwie Malmsteen at the speed of light in the eighties, he played with Ronnie James Dio, he is a key member of Stratovarius and early next year the arrowy solo skills of his fingers can be heard on the next chapter of Avantasia: Ladies and gentlemen, from Sweden, the one and only Mr. Jens Johansson!

Tobias says: "I've known Jens for years now, there has always been a friendship between Edguy and Stratovarius. We became friends when Jens was playing in the solo band of Timo Kotipelto when they joined Edguy for a tour of South America some years ago. We got shitfaced on several occasions and Jens always captured any possible embarrassment with his Powershot G5. He's a genius on his instrument -and beyond- and the stuff he played for me sounds amazing. A lot of people can shred and play fast, but unlike most of them every note that Jens plays is tasteful and exactly where it belongs. I don't know if he is the fastest keyboarder in the world, but I'd like to think so, at least I have never heard a faster one. You gotta check it out..."

(insert fanboyish squeal here)