New Avantasia by the end of 2009...

I'll admit it, I went and listened to the leak. I was going to buy the albums regardless, but let me just say that I am thoroughly impressed (and shocked) by these albums. Much more reminiscent of the Metal Opera albums, in my opinion, though they do, of course, have that Scarecrow flair at times. But good lord, Tobias got the lineup perfect on this. Ripper's song is crushing, Russell Allen does a fantastic job, and even though Jorn is on about half the total songs, he shines every time. My only real complaint is that Jens was only used on one song, and he wasn't used to his full potential, which blows! He does a great job though.

I really want to shell out that $63 now, even though I can't. Guess I'll settle for the regular versions!

Pretty much this. I cracked and listened to the Wicked Symphony after warming up with Scarecrow. Just....defies description. Utterly amazing stuff. I've loved every track I've heard so far they are all stellar. Although I think these are solidly in the same vein as Scarecrow there are Metal Opera elements occasionally so there's fantastic balance in this release. The flow and the pacing and the musical variety...they're all spot on, no one does production like Sascha & Tobias! Bob Catley gives a brilliant performance, Jorn really does shine every time, Tobias is pure distilled epic and Ripper completely owns all of track 6 :headbang:

I wanted to give it 24 hours before I listened again to see if it lived up to repeated listens. So here I go again before feasting my ears on Angel of Babylon :kickass: Very much looking forward to Jens!

Yea, The Wicked Symphony is just a stellar album. Aside from Black Wings and The Edge, I love pretty much every song. I haven't listened to Angel of Babylon as much yet, but I do know that the title track of that album is just awesome, as are Stargazers, Your Love Is Evil, and the new slightly reworked Promised Land. Death Is Just A Feeling reminds me a whole lot of Mechanical Poet's first album, too. It amazes me how prolific Tobias is. He really does have a whole batch of amazing songs here!

I got my deluxe boxset yesterday which was a nice surprise. just listening through on surround sound for the first time :headbang: have to say i didn't think Tobi could get any better, but from the first track i'd say it's obvious that he's put everything into these albums - and it shows :kickass: i'll write my full thoughts in the week but i am loving this right now :Smokin: shall have to go the webshop when it opens on Thursday for a t-shirt

i have ordered both regular cds from amazon uk and still awaiting the arrival to new zealand but i cant wait to hear them
i love Bob's voice in Avantasia and of course my fav Kiske is always a great listen

anyone heard Toby on Bruce Kulick's album yet ?

I prefer TWS over AOB, but both are fantastic albums. Another great effort from Tobi :) I also got Allen/Lande - The Battle recently, tooo much good music at once :D

I want to get this.

I want to support good power metal.

I don't want to support Tobi. I'm really sick of his "screw-the-old-fans" attitude, and his casual disses of his old (fantastic) material while proclaiming that T. S. is his best album (bull. shit.).

Used to love you, Tobi, but I'm sick of being smacked in the face.

... god damn it I'm still going to buy both of these aren't I.

Good music (and to say these albums are just 'good' is doing them a great disservice) is good music. Who cares about the politics around it? Just listen and enjoy, that's what music is about. I agree, but I don't let it influence what I like.

I think Tobi's just moved on musically, there's nothing wrong with that - especially when his music still sounds as good as this.

Also, bands always say their newest album is their best. It's called selling the product :D