New Avantasia by the end of 2009...

Haven't Stratovarius already released one album this year? And new Helloween?

i did think that too. i'm hoping for new Helloween though. there's lots of good stuff coming out next year :headbang: Angra, Rhapsody of Fire, Lost Horizon, Secret Sphere, Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus, Kamelot.... the list goes on :)

Yea I'm dying for some new Angra, I haven't heard news on those guys in forever. Lost Horizon's been dragging their feet for years, I can't imagine their third album coming next year...

More details are surfacing regarding the upcoming Avantasia double album The Wicked Symphony / Angel Of Babylon. The album will see a April 3, 2010 release date, and will be released as two separate albums, as well as in one box set as limited deluxe edition. Cover artwork for both albums was created by Thomas Ewerhard - known from his work for Edguy's Hellfire Club and Avantasia's The Scarecrow.

A list of confirmed guest musicians is shaping up as follows:

Klaus Meine (Scorpions)

Tim "Ripper" Owens (Judas Priest, Yngwie Malmsteen, Iced Earth)

Eric Singer (Kiss, Alice Cooper)

Michael Kiske (Helloween)

Jorn Lande (Masterplan, Ark, Millenium)

Bob Catley (Magnum)

Sascha Paeth

Felix Bohnke (Edguy)

Alex Holzwarth (Rhapsody Of Fire, Sieges Even)

Russell Allen (Symphony X)

Jens Johansson (Stratovarius, Dio, Yngwie Malmsteen)

André Matos (Angra, Shaaman, Viper)

Bruce Kulick (Kiss, Grand Funk Railroad)

Cloudy Yang

Oliver Hartmann (At Vance, Hartmann)

avantasia2010covers.jpg

THE “MOUNTAIN KING“ ON AVANTASIA

We can now reveal another secret regarding the forthcoming Avantasia epics “The Wicked Symphony” and “Angel Of Babylon”, out on April, 3rd 2010. He used to be the mastermind of legendary US-Epic-Metal veterans Savatage, and he is also the brains behind the highly successful ‘Trans-Siberian Orchestra’. To his fans he is the “Mountain king”: Mr. Jon Oliva.

Tobias comments: “Jon will appear on a theatrical song called “Death Is Just A Feeling”. We just had a press listening last weekend in Mousse T’s prestigious Peppermint-Park studios in Hannover where we had recorded the duet with Klaus Meine a few months ago for example. Many of the numerous journalists that had come from all over Europe said that they have the feeling this is going to be the most epic and simply the best Avantasia-stuff with the widest variety so far, yet every song fits perfectly to the enchanting conceptual character. I am proud, I knew we were gonna do something momentous, but it feels great that it’s been confirmed once more. Jon’s song stood out as it is like a little movie itself, very eerie, and it could be a perfect chapter in a horror-musical.”

NEW AVANTASIA VIDEO FEATURING KLAUS MEINE

On April 3rd the new Avantasia albums "The Wicked
Symphony / Angel Of Babylon" will be released. As previously reported
the album will feature a long list of guest musicians such as Klaus
Meine (Scorpions), Eric Singer (KISS), Bruce Kulick (ex-KISS), Ripper
Owens (ex-Judas Priest), Jon Oliva (Savatage), Bob Catley (Magnum),
Michael Kiske (Helloween), Jorn Lande (Masterplan) and many more. Last
week a video clip was shot for the song "Dying For An Angel" featuring
Klaus Meine.

February 06, 2010
NEW AVANTASIA SONG TITLES REVEALED

On April 3rd a new chapter in Avantasia's history will be written. And what a chapter: Tobias won't just release another chapter in the history of Avantasia, but he will release two new chapters of Avantasia at the same time. And to quote the international music press that have had the chance to listen to the albums in the studio Avantasia will return with two real masterpieces. The albums will be called "The Wicked Symphony" and "Angel Of Babylon", they will be available separately as well as a 2-CD-boxset in a limited special edition. The list of guest stars on the album reads like the who-is-who of the international Metal scene: Klaus Meine (Scorpions), Eric Singer (KISS), Bruce Kulick (ex-KISS), Michael Kiske (ex-Helloween), Jon Oliva (Savatage), Ripper Owens (ex-Judas Priest), Bob Catley (Magnum), Jorn Lande (Masterplan), Jens Johansson (Stratovarius, ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, ex-DIO) to name only a few.

Metal Hammer Germany has just been in the studio and this first comment gives us an idea of what to expect: "Tobias calls and Metal's big names appear. The double strike "The Wicked Symphony" and "Angel Of Babylon" make this Tobias' greatest piece of work so far. Epic, catchy and ambitious like never before!" - Marc Halupczuk

Tobiassammet.com can now reveal the new song titles:

THE WICKED SYMPHONY: The Wicked Symphony, Wastelands, Scales Of Justice, Dying For An Angel, Blizzard On A Broken Mirror, Runaway Train, Crestfallen, Forever Is A Long Time, Black Wings, States Of Matter, The Edge

ANGEL OF BABYLON: Angel Of Babylon, Stargazers, Your Love Is Evil, Death Is Just A Feeling, Rat Race, Down In The Dark, Blowing Out The Flame, Symphony Of Life, Alone I Remember, Promised Land 2, Journey To Arcadia

DFAA is so mid-tempo rocky, just what I predicted... but samples are online in the backstage section! Awesome stuff! The other songs sound like they're going to be monsters. Can't wait to get this full album! Death Is Just A Feeling sounds a lot like Mechanical Poet.

I want the box set but it costs around $63 excluding shipping. Yikes! Guess I'll just get the regular versions.

I'll admit it, I went and listened to the leak. I was going to buy the albums regardless, but let me just say that I am thoroughly impressed (and shocked) by these albums. Much more reminiscent of the Metal Opera albums, in my opinion, though they do, of course, have that Scarecrow flair at times. But good lord, Tobias got the lineup perfect on this. Ripper's song is crushing, Russell Allen does a fantastic job, and even though Jorn is on about half the total songs, he shines every time. My only real complaint is that Jens was only used on one song, and he wasn't used to his full potential, which blows! He does a great job though.

I really want to shell out that $63 now, even though I can't. Guess I'll settle for the regular versions!