New Band Psycrence, Free demo download & CDs

Keregioz

Kimon Zeliotis
Aug 31, 2001
Athens, Greece
Visit site
Hello guys,

I've been working with this new-formed band called Psycrence for the past year or so and we finally completed a 4-track demo CD. First time for me working with a full band. As always, people in this forum were very helpful during the mixing process, and in general the vast majority of my knowledge about mixing has come from this forum. So, I wanted to share this with you first by giving you a link to download for free the demo here: Psycrence Demo CD

I also have 10 spare copies of the CD which I'll send it with no charge to the 10 first people who ask for one in this thread (preferably people who actually enjoy the music and not looking just to score a free CD).

I should mention the guitars were reamped by our own sneapster James 'The Shred' Stephenson who I think did an excellent job and also gave me some very helpful advice during mixing. The guitars are 2 tracks mesa boogie roadster and 2 track peavey 6505.
The snare I used is from Lasse's "LSD drums" who was also very helpful when I asked for his help mixing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh, so thats what you posted in the RMM section? awesome stuff man!
I'd take a free CD for sure and give it enough spins also :D

Not my sort of thing musically, but the mix is great! James did a great job on those guitars

Big pleasure to be a part of this demo! The title track is my fav! Awesome work Kimon :worship:

I like the way im listed as being London based :p haha

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to listen to our stuff and for the kind words. I'm glad you all liked the sound and the guitar tone, I'm pretty satisfied too with the way they turned out, James nailed the tone I was aiming for with the first try.

James: Yeah, sorry about the London thing, haha...it was something that the guy who did the booklet design (our bassist) wrote for some reason and I didn't notice it in time to correct it. At least the email is right :).

Btw, there are still some copies of the CD left, if anyone is interested just let me know.

I'd love a copy if you still have any man! I'm really digging these songs, some fucking awesome music man \m/ Great job from you AND James as well with his reamping!

Nice to hear something new from you, the Escalation EP was awesome!
Same singer, uh? I dig him!

If you have still a spare copy I'd love to get one.
Downloading, anyway...

Nice job Kimon!
It is always a pleasure to listen to non-screaming singers and something out from death metal or metalcores on this forum.

This. :headbang: I like this very much, so I'll be more than glad to take a free cd if you still have any. ;)

Listening to the e.p right now, production is great, especially those guitars.

Sounds totally pro, the vocals are not my cup of tea though. I hear a lot of Nevermore in this, among others.

Thanks for listening man!
I really appreciate it when people like production. I must admit that I was pretty stressed about the result when I was mixing it because I had limited time and I'm still in the process of learning to mix properly.
Listening to it myself after all these days I think it turned pretty good, considering.
And yes, nevermore is one of my basic influences ;).