Free Escalation demo CD.

Keregioz, great sound and production!!! I love the music...great voice and melodies...
Thanks for sharing it...:)

p.s
What did you use for the drums?

Thanks man, I appreciate it, especially coming from you since I think you're an awesome guitar player and I like your music and sense of melody.

Drums are superior drummer with the exception of the kick drum which I replaced it with a mix of the monster and fusion kick from alesis D4 (in a failed attempt to get the kick sound from nevermore's "dead heart..." :)). Also, in "Last Sunrise" toms are a mix of superior drummer and superior drummer 2.0.

Kimon,

I loved the tracks - the 2nd tune (sry can't remember the name of it here at the office) is fantastic... you did a mix of real amp (5150), Revalver and POD throughout?

Actually, the second song is by far my least favorite, but still good; just a little too cheesy and old school Maiden sounding to me (a sound I'm sad to say I've tired of), but awesome soloing!

Actually, the second song is by far my least favorite, but still good; just a little too cheesy and old school Maiden sounding to me (a sound I'm sad to say I've tired of), but awesome soloing!

Haha... yep, that's my love of 80's Maiden coming out!!! :) And yeah, the solos rock!!! :headbang:

Kimon,

I loved the tracks - the 2nd tune (sry can't remember the name of it here at the office) is fantastic... you did a mix of real amp (5150), Revalver and POD throughout?

Thanks!
Here's what I used ...first song (instrument of cure) is 5150, second song (breaking) is 5150, third song (The Shine) is 5150, fourth song (transparent walls) is revalver mk II and the fifth song (last sunrise) is two tracks 6505 and 2 tracks revalver MKIII. All cleans and solos are PodXT except solo in last sunrise which was done with revalver MK III.

About the second song...I'm definitely going to agree with Marcus. Based on my tastes in music I believe it's the weakest song of the CD. Too cheesy and unoriginal. It's actually based mostly in music written by the singer who is a die hard bruce dickinson fan. You can hear my attempt to make this track more tolerable from 2:25 until the end :). I actually wouldn't mind if it wasn't in the demo. I totally get why some people really like it but it's a little misleading since it's not the style of music we plan on writing in the future.

I'm downloading now.
Keregioz, best of luck with the release and the band.
Thanks for the music.

About the second song...I'm definitely going to agree with Marcus. Based on my tastes in music I believe it's the weakest song of the CD. Too cheesy and unoriginal. It's actually based mostly in music written by the singer who is a die hard bruce dickinson fan. You can hear my attempt to make this track more tolerable from 2:25 until the end :). I actually wouldn't mind if it wasn't in the demo. I totally get why some people really like it but it's a little misleading since it's not the style of music we plan on writing in the future.

I am very very glad to hear this :D

Thank you guys! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I listened to it today. The last track "Last Sunrise" has some crazy rhythm changes going on there, it really grabs your attention. Overall, I think your band's sound contains elements of the NWOBHM sound like Maiden and Saxon and maybe even a little bit of Last In Line era Dio, with modern production values.
The musicianship is quite amazing, and you have a singer who can actually sing :)

I listened to it today. The last track "Last Sunrise" has some crazy rhythm changes going on there, it really grabs your attention. Overall, I think your band's sound contains elements of the NWOBHM sound like Maiden and Saxon and maybe even a little bit of Last In Line era Dio, with modern production values.
The musicianship is quite amazing, and you have a singer who can actually sing :)

Thank you Sinton.

To tell you the truth I'm not a fan of either of these artists and can't say I see the similarities, with the exception of maiden which I may not be that big of a fan but is pretty difficult to play metal and not be, at least indirectly, influenced by them. I'm guessing you're referring mostly to tracks 2 and 4 though right?

But anyway, it doesn't really matter as long as you enjoyed it! Each person has a different way of interpreting the music. I've heard many bands being mentioned as our influence from reviews or friends etc. and for most of them it didn't ever occur to me that they're similar or in many cases I hadn't even heard of them.

About the singer...yes, I was lucky on that aspect...a decent metal singer is a rare occurrence here in greece. I get really positive comments about him from most people and I'm really glad!

just listening to this demo on laptop speakers, really great mix mate.

Gonna have to give it another go on some decent headphones.

I think that Last Sunrise is the standout and hope in future you go more grandiose like that.

just listening to this demo on laptop speakers, really great mix mate.

Gonna have to give it another go on some decent headphones.

I think that Last Sunrise is the standout and hope in future you go more grandiose like that.

Thank you man.

Last Sunrise is my favorite also, I hope I'll be able to do something as good in the future.