10min. epic song (EWQL Symphonic Choir/6505)

I think the snare could work better if it were a bit more epic, like the rest of the song already is. All the Choirs and strings and stuff sound like they're coming from the sky (huge), but the snare sounds like it's in someones living room or something. Maybe some more verb, like previously mentioned? And a bit more high end for some more snap?

I think it would just kick more ass if it sounded like it was in the same "room" as the rest of the elements. The song sounds like it should be played in a huge outdoor ampitheatre, and it would be cool if the snare reflected that.

Also, I think the level of the vocals is fine, but they sound a bit muffled almost. Maybe a bit more high end would open them up and make them a bit more "present". Maybe a bit more verb on them as well. Otherwise, Fucking Awesome!

I think the snare could work better if it were a bit more epic, like the rest of the song already is. All the Choirs and strings and stuff sound like they're coming from the sky (huge), but the snare sounds like it's in someones living room or something. Maybe some more verb, like previously mentioned? And a bit more high end for some more snap?

I think it would just kick more ass if it sounded like it was in the same "room" as the rest of the elements. The song sounds like it should be played in a huge outdoor ampitheatre, and it would be cool if the snare reflected that.

Also, I think the level of the vocals is fine, but they sound a bit muffled almost. Maybe a bit more high end would open them up and make them a bit more "present". Maybe a bit more verb on them as well. Otherwise, Fucking Awesome!

I like the snare itself, but it sounds low-passed or something... With a little EQ it'll be about right.

Thank you for listening!

For now I'm gonna leave the this mix as it is because we've already burned a few demo cds with our songs and passed them around to a few magazines and webzines for review, so there's no point in changing it.
However, our intention is to record the drums with a real drummer, which is something that hopefully will happen soon. That version, when it happens, will be the more official one obviously and of course there would be a different snare.
When the time comes I will definitely keep in mind your advice, though. So, your opinions are still welcomed, if there's anything else that doesn't sound right let me know.

Ok, this is good music in my book! I listened to the song 10 times in two days. I want whole album... now. Great job on composition.

Soundwise, snare is dull - you should fix it. Other then that it's pretty good.

Ok, this is good music in my book! I listened to the song 10 times in two days. I want whole album... now. Great job on composition.

Soundwise, snare is dull - you should fix it. Other then that it's pretty good.

Thanks!
Apparently you missed this thread a while back:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/andy-sneap/491279-free-escalation-demo-cd.html
Unfortunately it's not a whole album it's just a 30min demo CD but if you (or anybody else) are interested PM me...

All sounds good. Re: the snare, I think Portnoy would be proud ;)

Haha... I agree! :)

Probably one of the best things ever posted on this forum, ever.
Have you ever cnsidered doing just instrumental soundtrack style stuff dude?
The section from 5 minutes onwards, strings, that piano line (right up there with thomas newman) and that choir (some world of warcraft shit bro) is so fucking intensely moving. amazing stuff man

nothing i can really say about the mix that hasnt already been said, so i just figured id compliment you on the amazing music :D

Thank's guys. It's really great that this thread keeps getting resurrected :).

TheXRatedDodo: Thank you man! I'm huge soundtrack fan indeed. For now I just like to incorporate some of these influences in my songs which also helps them to reach a wider audience. Not many people would sit and listen to instrumental style stuff. But, yes, I would definitely be interested to do some instrumental stuff as well. It's kinda difficult and time consuming to compose this style and make it sound realistic though (as I found out while writing this song).

it was worth the time and effort man, that instrumental section halfway through is epic as fuck

i bet you listen to kamelot

=]

Hello,

this is a song I've been working for some time now. I'm in the mixing/mastering process right now and this is what I've come up so far:

Soundclick

Myspace (soundclick player)

Facebook page (192kbps)

downloadable 320Kbps version

The song is called "Last Sunrise", it's the last on the playlist.
I've used EWQL symphonic choir, EWQL brass and a bunch of other stuff for strings, guitars are 2 tracks 6505 and 2 tracks revalverMKIII, drums are dfhs.
Let me know what you think of the song/mix.

P.s. sorry about the length :), hopefully there's enough variation in the song to keep you interested.

I adore Kamelot personally, and I hate most power metal! Well, I can't stand "The Fourth Legacy" and anything prior, but since then they've had a really awesome and unique vibe IMO!