10min. epic song (EWQL Symphonic Choir/6505)

Keregioz

Kimon Zeliotis
Aug 31, 2001
Athens, Greece
Visit site
Hello,

this is a song I've been working for some time now. I'm in the mixing/mastering process right now and this is what I've come up so far:

Soundclick

Myspace (soundclick player)

Facebook page (192kbps)

downloadable 320Kbps version

The song is called "Last Sunrise", it's the last on the playlist.
I've used EWQL symphonic choir, EWQL brass and a bunch of other stuff for strings, guitars are 2 tracks 6505 and 2 tracks revalverMKIII, drums are dfhs.
Let me know what you think of the song/mix.

P.s. sorry about the length :), hopefully there's enough variation in the song to keep you interested.

Wow great job. That's cool as fuck that you were able to incorporate all of those different elements into there and not have a supercluttered mix. The vocals needs to come out more, and there are a couple little things hear and there I'd bring up or down, but other than that it dig it.

Really sounds great.:headbang:

Oh and excellent playing. Your lead tone is thick and buttery just the way it should be.

Wow great job. That's cool as fuck that you were able to incorporate all of those different elements into there and not have a supercluttered mix. The vocals needs to come out more, and there are a couple little things hear and there I'd bring up or down, but other than that it dig it.

Really sounds great.:headbang:

Oh and excellent playing. Your lead tone is thick and buttery just the way it should be.

Thank you very much man!
Yes mixing this song got me a bit of a headache :) glad you like it.
Btw, the solo is done with revalver.

Guitars are too loud (or the vocals are too low)
the choirs sound awesome (cant believe they arent real)

and settings on that lead sound would be awesome!

Really liked the song

Wow, that's just awesome sounding. I agree that the vocals could come up some. I'd really like to hear this on better quality file. I can only imagine how much of a headache it was to mix this! I'm really envious of those choirs! :)

I didn't really think that the vocals sounded buried but since all of you seem to think different I lowered the guitars a bit. I updated the song in myspace and facebook and also a 320Kbps version available here.

I don't recall the exact revalver settings for the solo, I'm pretty sure it was pretty close to this: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/316805/New Folder/solosettings.jpg
The input voltage is changed to 0.507V in the 6505 module and the impulse I used was guitarhacks "thisone". I've used a emg707tw pickup in the neck position.

Glad you guys like the choirs, I was afraid they might sound too artificial. It took quite a bit of time to get them right (and maybe they could still sound better). Ewql symphonic choirs is a great VSTi but it certainly needs a lot of tweeking to make the words you put in wordbuilder to sound right. And I imagine it would be more difficult if you want the choir to sing actual words and lyrics, I only have them speaking gibberish :).

how'd ya make the symphony sound huge man? do u make it layer by layer for all the instruments? i like the sounds overall! except the vocal needs to be loud a bit.

how'd ya make the symphony sound huge man? do u make it layer by layer for all the instruments? i like the sounds overall! except the vocal needs to be loud a bit.

Yes it's made layer by layer for the most part. For the strings I made separate layers for contrabass, cello, viola, violins and for the choirs (which was the most difficult) a made separate layers for basses, tenors, altos, sopranos and boys. Only the brass is not layered, I used an ensemble preset with all the brass instruments together.

Awesome solo that starts at around the 8min 8sec mark. :headbang: Parts of it remind me a little of Mr Murphy.

Thanks! I'm not sure I agree with you, I thought it had more of a Loomis feel :). But I'd be happy either way, I'm a big fan of both guitarists.
And btw I wanted to thank you again for reamping this song for me, nice job.

here's another questn, wat instrument in the symphony wud u normally start with first? im interested to create a symphony intro and ending for my upcoming ep. thnx for sharing fren \m/

It kind of reminds me of The Gathering - Nightime Birds vocal melody in the beginning. The Gtrs seem loud in the verse/overall, and the vocal needs to come out more, but really nice stuff.

You guys keep saying that the vocals are buried....but I don't really see it. There was a problem in the first version but I think it's ok now. I mean even my singer thinks so and that's saying something right there! :lol:
I going to give the mix another look anyway to see if I can find a problem with the vocals.