New Borknagar cd

so, what can you tell about the musical side of the new record? do you follow in the vein of empiricism, or what? do you take new and modern directions, or maybe you go back to your folkish roots?

uansett, er sikker på at den blir knusebra! har til gode å bli skuffet over en borkis plate....

Well, truth is we haven't rehearsed at all for this album so there's at least a little bit of guessing when I say that we continue where "Empiricism" left off. We're all pretty satisfied with how that album turned out so it's natural that we try to develope that style and - hopefully - make it even better. I know we won't change direction. We don't change just for the cause of changing. There's got to be a heart and feeling for what you're doing too.

- Asgeir

I'm entering Top Room Studio this weekend to start the Hammond work. Any requests or wishes?
wink.gif

Ahhh - the hammond has been done, and it sounds great! Spent the weekend in the studio sweeping the guitartracks in organic keys. I used an older hammond with a bigger Leslie-case this time around, and the sound of that combo turned out to be just killer. Warm, deep and hoarse! You guys really have something to look forward to!

That's just super... Please prevent Vintersorg from singing those high tones(var det bra engelsk tro?), makes it hard for me. I love singing
icon11.gif
The Genuine Pulse with a icecream in me hand(lyver...).
Gets messy eventually.

Good Luck on the recording. Take the time. I will not tolerate a poorly mixed album
icon12.gif

Cool! I look forward to it!
So there be a sample avail in the near future then?
Out of curiosity are there any freakish samples going to be added (ex.-rabbits screaming from hungry vultures) ?
At any rate... good news to hear your attacking the studio!