New CD's that you have gotten recently

Picked up a ton of shit at WOM this weekend.
Armory The Age Of Enlightenment and Empyrean Realms
Myrath Desert Call and Hope
Voyager's newest release
Pretty Maids Future World
Valhalla Deathless EP
Automaton Look to The Skies
Delain April Rain
Theocracy ST remaster
Anubis Gate Horizons
Masterplan Novum Nitum CD and vinyl
Zebra ST
In Despair Time to Wake Up
Fiakra Invasion
Lunarium ST
A Sound Of Thunder Queen Of Hell vinyl

how was the show?

Very sparsely attended but over all a pretty good weekend. Datis never made an official announcement but he told me and the other sponsors that he was done. Maybe he might try again in 2-3 years.

Very sparsely attended but over all a pretty good weekend. Datis never made an official announcement but he told me and the other sponsors that he was done. Maybe he might try again in 2-3 years.

the idea was great, and he seemed very genuine about the fest from the couple times I met him. I don't mean to trash talk in any way, but that lineup just was not going to draw well. Esp for a destination festival.

Its tough. Just SO many shows, fests, and tours in the USA these days.

the idea was great, and he seemed very genuine about the fest from the couple times I met him. I don't mean to trash talk in any way, but that lineup just was not going to draw well. Esp for a destination festival.

Its tough. Just SO many shows, fests, and tours in the USA these days.

And having the same headliner 3 years in a row and being indoors this year did not help matters. I know he's lost money every year doing this and I can't blame him one bit for pulling the plug.

And having the same headliner 3 years in a row and being indoors this year did not help matters. I know he's lost money every year doing this and I can't blame him one bit for pulling the plug.

that was my biggest issue with this year...terrible headliners. Both bands have played multiple years in one way or another. I had a great time last year though but it wasn't because of the bands...it was more so with everyone who was there.

Personally I think he should have stopped after last year and saved money to have it come back in a few years with better bands. There were maybe 2-3 bands I'd like to see, but nothing worth driving for this year.

I always felt that WOM tried too hard to be like those euro metalfests which doesn't work in a country like the US. And yeah, the lineup every year always had me scratching my head.

Nuclear Blast / The End Records 4th of July Sales + lack of self control =

After Forever - s/t
Avantasia - The Scarecrow
Avantasia - The Wicked Symphony
Avantasia - Angel of Babylon
Avantasia - The Mystery of Time
Hammerfall - Steel Meets Steel - 10 Years/The Best Of
Kataklysm - Shadows & Dust
Mayan - Quarterpast

It worked out to about $6-7 per cd, plus shipping. Not a bad haul!