new CD's.......

How come? Because it is commercial rock, and given piss poor reviews.
I have heard a couple songs, and they are decent rock tunes.

Just like when DEATH AND PROGRESS was released (come on Simon, you should know, you were there!!!!!) all reviews say to avoid it like the plague, so I have over the years.

As I get older I realize that opinions are like assholes! :)

HammerFall - Glory to the Brave ($3)
Battlelust - Of Battle And Ancient Warcraft ($3) [not a fan of this blind buy]
Dungeon - A Rise To Power ($3)
Skanners - Flagellum Dei ($1.50) [yes you read that right -- great blind buy]
Saint Vitus - Lillie: F-65 ($9) [only NEW one of the bunch]

Going into this, Skanners and Battlelust were pretty much blind buys... And my thoughts on all of them are:

HammerFall --> Good album. I think I still like Crimson Thunder the best, though.
Dungeon --> My first Dungeon album (I also own no Lord albums)... It is quite good.
Skanners --> Listed as heavy metal from Italy, and I have to say I enjoy it. Decent vocals, decent guitars. A bit generic in some spots, but I'm fairly happy for the $1.50 I paid for it
Battlelust --> This is what reminds me of the pains of blind buying of music... Turns out this is the only release ever by a black/death metal band, and it is pretty terrible... Fortunately, it was only $3.
Saint Vitus --> I am quite pleased with the new Vitus; sounds just like I expect them too. I am sad that it is rather short and that the last track is a bit of a feedback-o-rama, though.

I haven't purchased any new releases lately, but have gotten into Diabulus in Musica and Xandria, so I picked up some of their stuff. I know, chick metal. Haha! It will never get old. Well, maybe "the Band formerly known as Nightwish". I've listened to "Imaginarium" like 10 times and am still not digging Annette's vocals. Never will. Good thing it came with an Instrumental CD. Lol....okay I'll stop before I get yelled at.
In other news, the new Swallow the Sun has not left Mike's stereo since it was released. I'm not into Doom, but I have to admit it's not bad.

Over the past five months:

Adrenaline Mob - Omerta
Diamond Plate - Generation Why?
Lacuna Coil - Dark Adrenaline
Lamb of God - Resolution
Overkill - The Electric Age
Soulfly - Dark Ages
Soulfly - Conquer
Soulfly - Omen
Soulfly - Enslaves
Soilwork - A Predator's Portrait
At The Gates - Slaughter of the Soul