New Clip- Recto on 6 ;)

Edited...

Got this to work. This sounds excellent for a quick mix. The guitars might need a little more high end and mids. I am listening on some semi-decent consumer grade Creative Labs speakers in my office and I am no expert though...

Kazrog said:
For some reason I can never connect to any streams on AudioStreet. My iTunes just sits there and never connects.
just look for the mp3 link underneath the streaming links and click on it.. the mp3 will open in Safari using the Quicktime plug.

Sounds pretty good, though I doubt you need the SD-1. My Recto ('94 model) never has the Gain above a "6." That's right where I keep mine at for a thick, yet tight tone.

How much bass are you using in that clip?

signal chain= esph202(with emg 81's)- sd-1-ns2-single recto head-mesa traditional slant

was miked with one 57-drawmer compressor/preamp- pro-tools le

Yeah a 94 recto might not need an sd-1 in front but imho a 2001 recto does, either way the only way for me to get a tone I dig is to have a pedal in front, and I'm not alone :cool: simple as that.

cheers guys

jamesboyd said:
signal chain= esph202(with emg 81's)- sd-1-ns2-single recto head-mesa traditional slant

was miked with one 57-drawmer compressor/preamp- pro-tools le

Yeah a 94 recto might not need an sd-1 in front but imho a 2001 recto does, either way the only way for me to get a tone I dig is to have a pedal in front, and I'm not alone :cool: simple as that.

cheers guys

Well, doesn't matter what you have to do as long as it sounds badass in the end. :)

How many tracks was that, and how were they panned? It was a really thick sound. Also, how was the mic placed?

Disconnekt said:
Well, doesn't matter what you have to do as long as it sounds badass in the end. :)

How many tracks was that, and how were they panned? It was a really thick sound. Also, how was the mic placed?

That was four tracks of rhythm guitar, they were panned hard left and right, and then the third and fourth tracks were panned 80 left 80 right.

The mic was about an 1-1.5 inches of the grill and about and inch of axis.

cheers

-j