New Cyhra Album 2018-2019

Last year they were talking about February release or at least a single. Six months later, still nothing.

Kind of annoying. I'm expecting a really good album.

As for our happy little boozer Jesper, it is always the same. Not the most reliable guy. It would be cool if he could produce solo albums with guest musicians every two or three years, without touring.

If he didn’t tour and stayed sober (like it appears he is doing), I bet he could be doing an album a year. I don’t know why he doesn’t just hook up with a recording studio and start helping/producing/whatever.

Well, still nothing from Cyhra camp, BUT Insomnium just announced their new album Heart like a Grave (October 4th). 10 songs, music video in the middle of the forest and another guitar player in the band. Life's peachy.

66830671_10156260600916641_1627728142019854336_n.jpg

Now I’m starting to wonder if labels aren’t interested because of Jesper. Why would I sign a band that is so close to losing its most famous member?

Obviously through their live shows they have shown they don’t need Jesper. But if they lose him how many people would genuinely stay interested?

Maybe labels are offering single album deals. But Cyhra would know that they will need to have solid funding to do a 3rd album without Jesper.

In fairness Amaranthe are pretty huge. Jesper is probably more well known amongst hardcore metalheads, but I'd say Jake is at least equal with him as far as casual fans go. I'd say what Cyhra produce would appeal more to Amaranthe fans than fans of older In Flames, Dimension Zero, etc, so not sure how much of a factor that would be.

Amaranthe has a woman member, so they are in a different class. Jake is competent and a good singer but it’s not like he was Amaranthe. Not like some think about Jesper literally being In Flames.

It doesn't really matter how or why Amaranthe are big, though, they just are and so a lot of people will know who Jake is even if he was never the centrepiece. If we're purely talking about record labels and their perception then "Jake from Amaranthe" is going to hold enough weight to interest them.

It would be nice to know what the hold up is on releasing or really giving any solid information about this new album. Cyhra are not in a position where they are established enough to string along their fans like this. People will just forget about them and move on.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Nah every time they post on FB there are people asking when the new album is coming out. They always 'like' the comments but never actually reply to them.

Now I’m starting to wonder if labels aren’t interested because of Jesper. Why would I sign a band that is so close to losing its most famous member?

Obviously through their live shows they have shown they don’t need Jesper. But if they lose him how many people would genuinely stay interested?

Maybe labels are offering single album deals. But Cyhra would know that they will need to have solid funding to do a 3rd album without Jesper.
Nah. This doesn't make any sense. Labels are interested on releasing music and Jesper can do music.

And, if he could not keep on doing music, there's also the rest of the band.

Remembet that, with all of his problems, he has made as many albums as his former bandmates.

Euge digging the Howard Benson plug-in.

Why is the new album taking so long? Maybe they are getting it re-mastered by Mr. Benson himself.

An excerpt from a Björn interview (Antihero Magazine, 2017)

Björn Gelotte:
I haven’t done that [worked with Jesper musically] in quite a while. We talk every now and then. Actually, right before the tour we hung out the whole evening. He’s working on different projects: he’s done some movie music, he’s doing some stuff with Peter, he’s got this … I’d say people will be surprised when it comes out. I think it should be exciting to listen to. I haven’t heard it yet, but I’m always excited when he’s doing something.

(Source: https://www.antiheromagazine.com/interview-with-bjorn-gelotte-of-in-flames/)

What is the thing that will surprise people when it comes out? Solo album? Or an album full of reggae tunes? :D

Somehow I see three different projects being mentioned there.

1) "he’s done some movie music" = self-explanatory
2) "he’s doing some stuff with Peter" = Cyhra
3) "he’s got this … I’d say people will be surprised when it comes out." = solo album or something else.

But it's also possible to interpret it like this:

1) "he’s done some movie music"
2) "he’s doing some stuff with Peter, he’s got this … I’d say people will be surprised when it comes out." = Cyhra